Target Darts.

How do you create FOCUS and MAINTAIN it ?
What pointers do you have to create or maintain focus.

Do you create a Me vs Them ... do you temporarily dislike your opponent?

Do you think about how great you are ?

What works for you or others that you know?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
I look at spots on the target - a shadow- a piece of sisal - at a dart already thrown ( the flight or point of the dart )
I try to do what the Japanese darters do while throwing. Smile. It's a way to loosen up.

And try to have fun as you play and enjoy every moment of it.
Don't watch your opponent.

(11-27-2014, 12:04 AM)ico Wrote: Don't watch your opponent.

Unless she is a pretty lady!

Yes that's true. Don't watch him throw and don't display any negative gestures that would motivate him more and destroy you.
I try to think of ANYTHING else but darts. I might look around the room and check out someone sneakers, see what everyone's drinking, check out the ceiling tiles, etc... I do pay attention to the scorekeeper if he's "friends" with the opponent. I don't need his 60's turning into 100's. It happens.
(11-26-2014, 07:34 PM)*Saber* Wrote: I look at spots on the target - a shadow- a piece of sisal - at a dart already thrown ( the flight or point of the dart )

Ditto,

Clear the mind and try and tune out from the room and the noise.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

See. This is the hardest thing for me in darts. When I'm locked in, and it is do or die, I typically do.

but I find myself needing to try to focus on the game... or I just don't care. It is extremely difficult to do that dart after dart, game after game.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Well, i always say it is you against the board. What the opponent does doesn't matter for me. When thing are going bad i always try so say my technique in my head (keep your body still,and follow trough) most of the times that helpes me back on track.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
Thank you ALL for your your insight and help.

Saber: "I look at spots on the target - a shadow- a piece of sisal - at a dart already thrown ( the flight or point of the dart )" ... Target Focus 101 .. classic

Joene : "When thing are going bad i always try so say my technique in my head (keep your body still,and follow trough)" ... Solid Great Advice!

MilkySunshine: "When I'm locked in, and it is do or die, I typically do." ... Confidence Booster and Reality Check

Dorian: "Clear the mind and try and tune out from the room and the noise." ... I agree very important

Majeek: "Don't watch him throw and don't display any negative gestures that would motivate him more and destroy you. " ... Wow, very deep on several levels

Majeek: "I try to do what the Japanese darters do while throwing. Smile. It's a way to loosen up." ... mmm ... gonna try this ... sounds so logical

I used everyone of these this weekend and something else I picked up by happenstance .. I watched a sport themed movie called "When The Game Stands Tall" ... and took a helpful quote from the main character.

Coach Ladouceur: "We’re not asking you to be perfect on every play. What we’re asking of you and what you should be asking of each other is to give a perfect effort from snap to whistle.”

What I did this weekend was from myself was to "Give the Perfect Effort" for each and every dart.

These actually removed my previous anxiety and allowed me to get out of my own way. Resulting in an enjoyable and successful weekend.

Thanks to all my brothers and sister!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eye focus Jamesr4300 16 2,242 05-27-2017, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Terje Sandvik
  Using Trainer Board - Problem with focus stahlmann 10 1,227 12-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Last Post: wongerchi
  aiming and focus English Animal 6 1,164 04-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Renwick180