Shot Darts

Stretching?
I’ve seen references to the benefits of stretching before shooting and I’ve been advised to do some stretching before shooting.
Other than just general back/shoulders/arms loosening up --- Is there any specific stretching routine that’s recommended?
i got the whole routine, 1st ill crank up some ac/dc to set the vibe, then start stretching from top down, neck, shoulders, arms, lower back, ect, ect, then ill do a few push-ups to get the blood flowin, not to many though just a few, then lower the tunes a bit, get my breathing stabilized and start throwing.
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0

Hmm nice. Honestly I've never stretched before playing just warmed up my arm throwing. Maybe I should try it
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think its a good idea, certainly cant do no harm unless you overstretch of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sure can't hurt, especially for us guys getting on a bit. Lifting a few weights and taking a good walk everyday would be good as well. Being in decent shape can't help but improve stamina and performance. I'll be getting to all those things come the New Year. Seriously.
Darts is like sex. When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.
(11-21-2014, 05:13 PM)dartslinger Wrote: ...Lifting a few weights ... taking a good walk everyday ... Being in decent shape... I'll be getting to all those things come the New Year. Seriously.

Yeah... me too! I read somewhere the average American (not sure about you GB/European guys) puts on 8 pounds between December 1 and February 1.
I think I’ll start using some kind of pre-shooting stretching warm-up, but I definitely don’t see any push-ups on the barroom floor in my future.
LOL I could do with losing a few pounds too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-21-2014, 01:23 AM)Adams Wrote: I’ve seen references to the benefits of stretching before shooting and I’ve been advised to do some stretching before shooting.
Other than just general back/shoulders/arms loosening up --- Is there any specific stretching routine that’s recommended?

The best I've found is just reaching for the sky with both arms then bend side to side and backwards and forwards a bit...stretch afterwards too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I do a few stretches before I start, then some warm up darts at bulls, double 20 and double 3. Don't think that it helps though. (hahaha)
i do some stretching before playing but pump some weights un push ups after that way i find im more accurate
rod dog Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I do tae kwon do, I use some of the stretches we do there, such as pulling the arm across the body, circle the arms, some loose shaking, followed by some push ups of which ive not done in a while with shoulder problems, I find that If I throw straight away I may aswell not throw as the darts go where they want but warmed up the darts are better

just an insight in to my warm up

cheers kyle
darts: 23g Gary Anderson Phase 3
stems: short progrips
flights: large standard
Board: Winmau Blade 4

1st degree blackbelt in tae kwon do