Harrows Darts.

Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review
These are one of the new models in the Carrera range and were kindly supplied by Puredarts.co.uk and are available to win in our Prize Draw here: https://www.dartsnutz.com/t5610-carrera-c5-prize-draw They are available to buy for £43.19 at Puredarts.co.uk.

The Carrera darts have been very popular since they first came out and now they have more weights and barrel shapes I am sure they will gather more interest.

I have tried the C3 and C4 models but never liked the C4 version as it felt a bit long for me. The front of the grip on the C3 was for me the grippiest part of all the ones I have tried. The Pixel grip feels different and is still a high level of grip but its kind of hard to explain why it feels different, and some people may initially dis-like the feel of it but if you persevere with it you will start to love it.

The darts come supplied in the usual Target packaging without a case:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I quite like the look and shape of these darts, they are a sort of Bullet/Torpedo shape and front weighted:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I know recently that Kev (Big Gun) had some issues with the wearing of the Pixel grip on his Carrera's and I think that is inevitable that a grip will wear, but how quickly is another matter. I have not used a set long enough yet myself to get to that point but I guess its something to think about.

Here is the balance point with the set up from the box:

Here is the weights and measurements:

Whole dart:

Weights of Barrels:

Length:

Width:

This is my grip with these darts:

I found the grip to be quite sharp from new but I am sure this will soften in time. The weight of the darts I slightly struggled with at first but after my vid above I had some throws with medium stems and they flew a lot better for me.

The grip is something that you may love or hate but its something that needs to be tried I guess to be able to make your mind up.

The darts are very nicely made and look great.

I would give them a Darts Nutz 5/5 !
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review.. really tempted to try these but not been able to throw them before taking the plunge... anyone used these long term and love them? any good/bad points?
(03-30-2018, 04:08 PM)Leeatherton Wrote: Great review.. really tempted to try these but not been able to throw them before taking the plunge... anyone used these long term and love them? any good/bad points?

Wow thats an old one lol just over five years old now, cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-31-2018, 12:00 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 04:08 PM)Leeatherton Wrote: Great review.. really tempted to try these but not been able to throw them before taking the plunge... anyone used these long term and love them? any good/bad points?

Wow thats an old one lol just over five years old now, cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So old I was half expecting it to be in black and white.
Liberal heathen
So I woke up this morning and checked my emails, and it turns out I placed an order for these last night..

Not that I can remember though.. I was out on the lash. Although I can remember discussing them, as they're a pair I looked at ages ago. 

Oh well, I've only just got a new pair of Target Agora's literally three days ago.. but we'll see how these are too cause they do look amazing!!!

Here's a lesson - never drink heavily and talk darts people!!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's:
2020: 0
2019: 85
2018: 27

They’ve arrived!! Let’s give them a whirl.

Darts:

Setup:

180's:

Nice! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Seeing as I’m the only one keeping this thread alive, and it’s not really been appreciated like it should.. can I be the first to say what a brilliant review!!

Just had half an hour with them. The first set of darts I’ve got from the box that I’ve nailed straight away!! The grip isn’t as sharp as I was expecting to be, I have a mental issue a lot with where I grip the dart and It disrupts my game a lot but with this dart it dont matter where I grip because it’s the same all the way to the back of the barrel - problem solved FOREVER. 

I think that maybe I’ve found my perfect dart, I wish perhaps I had got these sooner.. give it a week or so and if it continues I’ll be placing an order for another pair, cause there don’t seem to be many around now in 23g. I chuffing love them!!

(Probably the only good drunk decision I’ve ever made) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts:

Setup:

180's:

Cool to hear that, looks like they are working well! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I own them for 2/3 years now in 23gr and love them.
Bought them with a bargan second hand for €10,-online.
They became even better after a while when the sharpness wore down a bit more.
Excellent ballance and easy to throw, for me no bad points. 
Own a lot of sets and tried them all out and these are my favourite and my match darts.
Don't know if anyone reads this post, but is just got these darts and ther're awesome! Finally some darts that have a good grip for me. If you can get these darts for a good price; don't hesitate!
(09-04-2019, 03:47 PM)Gerben Hamberg Wrote: Don't know if anyone reads this post, but is just got these darts and ther're awesome! Finally some darts that have a good grip for me. If you can get these darts for a good price; don't hesitate!

They’re amazing!!

The grip wears off a tiny bit after a few months and they don’t have that ‘prickly’ feel to them, but I find they’re better once they have worn down a bit!!

Give them a good clean once a week with hot water, soap and a toothbrush and the grip stays at a high level.
Darts:

Setup:

180's:

Just ordered a set...sigh...lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 266 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 364 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,326 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 871 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 992 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,094 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 970 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 435 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,771 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 859 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM