Darts Buddy

Bull Robert Wagner 23g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TlsqYV6QAs

I seen these posted on Facebook by Robert Wagner months ago and I just wanted a set then, they look weird I thought, I will get some, weird is good!

Finally they got released and I searched the German sites for a set and found them at Get-sport.de and placed my order a few weeks ago. They cost approx. 45 euros which is around £36, here is the link to the site: Wagner 23g Delivery from Get-sport was quick with great comms, so a good experience all round Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts are also available in 21 and 25 grams, they are 90% tungsten and come in a hard plastic cone case which holds one set of darts and flights. The darts are fitted with short silver painted plastic stems and Robert Wagners "The Magician" flights:

Box Shots:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts all set up:

Close Ups:

Obviously as can be seen from the pics the darts have probably one of the strangest noses of any dart, but that's why I like them, they are strange! The rest of the barrel is a thinly cut flat ring grip but they feel quite grippy so I would say they are a high medium, but I think the feel of the tungsten is contributing to the grippiness, to me it had a very nice tacky kind of feel which was enhancing the grip even on the smooth part at the front.

Dimensions:

Length:

I was surprised the darts were this long!

Width:

The darts are widest at the rear of the barrel:

Detailed Dimensions:

Weight:

There was 8 hundredths of a gram difference between the lightest and heaviest barrel, still less than a tenth of a gram so not bad really:

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

Balance:

As you can see from the detailed dimensions pic the darts are drilled out nearly 16mm from the rear, so the bulk of the weight is in the middle and it means the darts are not as rear weighted as they look which was a pleasant surprise. Without anything attached the weight is very much in the centre:

With the supplied setup balance moves a little to the rear:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short stems:

My Grip:

I was not sure where I should grip these but I decided to just try my normal grip first and that's pretty much what I stuck with:

Darts landed mostly tail up but I did get a few that were going in more horizontal than usual:

Conclusion:

Well I really only got these because I thought they looked quite cool and different and because I had the other model of the Wagner darts before, which were very nice (I also have the ones he played with before that too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ). So I admit I never got them because I thought they would work for me.

I was really expecting the darts to be doing all kinds of weird acrobatics with my front grip but was totally surprised to find they actually fly very well!! ???? How the heck is that possible I just don't know?? I did not think I would be able to throw them with my front grip but the strange thing is they only work with my front grip?

I am quite mystified with these to be honest, the front is so thin and has to be the thinnest part of a dart I have held save for the Voks Mosquitoes and it really should feel uncomfortable for me as I usually feel better with thicker barrels but I felt nicely settled holding it at the front and although it felt weird at first it quickly got comfortable.

I am really not sure how serious to take these darts, they fly with a much better balance than you can imagine but whether I would want to make them a long term set to play with I cant say. For me they are just a dart that I feel compelled to throw probably because of the novelty value but also because I'm surprised that they are as stable as they are but overall they are just a fun dart to play with.

That strange little ring at the front is actually something I feel I am pushing against as I throw the dart and I did a close up of the points hitting the board in the video and you can see that they have no issues with deflections. I think its because it is nicely angled so if you hit the edge of a flight it just runs over it.

I have had fun with these darts, much more than I was expecting and I am more than happy just playing with them for that reason, but I think also its kind of a fun challenge trying to get good with such an unusual dart.

Overall these darts are surprisingly nice to play with and probably perform a lot better than you would imagine them too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (I think they look cool!)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (quite close)
Quality: 9 (tungsten has a very nice feel)
Value: 7.5 (ok overall, almost an 8)
Suitability for me: 7 (They are fun and compelling to play with)

Best Feature: Looks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Update from Bulls:

The packaging will be changed to the on our website shortly: https://www.bulls-darts.com/en/products/...art-detail
Concerning the weight match, we already worked on it to make the weight of the next batches even more precise.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review as usual Darren- I like the looks of them really, they look like they mean business if you know what I'm saying. 25gm of course would be my choice.
i will eventually have a set of these, it might be next christmas, but i will have a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 for making me want another set of darts!
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

The little round area seems to give u push off, which is a good thing. Like the watch btw mate.
(11-04-2014, 05:49 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Good review as usual Darren- I like the looks of them really, they look like they mean business if you know what I'm saying. 25gm of course would be my choice.

Thanks Larry, they are a nice dart but I just find them to be great fun to throw Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-04-2014, 05:55 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: i will eventually have a set of these, it might be next christmas, but i will have a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 for making me want another set of darts!

LOL I think you would like them actually, they just might suit your grip well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-04-2014, 05:56 PM)*Saber* Wrote: The little round area seems to give u push off, which is a good thing. Like the watch btw mate.

Yeah it does, I never thought I could throw from such a thin part though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review mate.
Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Wow! 16mm deep in the back. That will certainly make the balance point deceiving. Looking at them you would think they are very heavy towards the rear but with the solid nose and length of the dart it's probably more centered than anything.

These barrels are BEGGING for a Storm point. I bet they would look incredible with a flush point. Excellent review there Grip. You're getting quite handy at these things. Definitely the reining review champ on all of Youtube Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Again another fantastic review!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-04-2014, 06:53 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Wow! 16mm deep in the back. That will certainly make the balance point deceiving. Looking at them you would think they are very heavy towards the rear but with the solid nose and length of the dart it's probably more centered than anything.

These barrels are BEGGING for a Storm point. I bet they would look incredible with a flush point. Excellent review there Grip. You're getting quite handy at these things. Definitely the reining review champ on all of Youtube Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I very much would not attempt to fit a storm point!! I would be petrified I break the thing, have you seen how thin it is there! It would look good if it could be fitted though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-04-2014, 07:16 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: Again another fantastic review!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Shane! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very nice review, would like to try these one day. I'm a front gripper too, amazing how something surprises you so much. +1 Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180's: 67
Best 501: 17 (webcam darts) 15 (practice)
Best Finish: 130 (webcam darts) 160 (practice)
Darts
Winmau Ted Hankey 24g
great review... dang those things are weird!

I kinda want to throw them though!
(11-04-2014, 09:45 PM)Jugger Wrote: great review... dang those things are weird!

quick trade grip your moguls, get these, do a jugger review and then ship them here. ka-chow
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(11-04-2014, 09:57 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote:
(11-04-2014, 09:45 PM)Jugger Wrote: great review... dang those things are weird!

quick trade grip your moguls, get these, do a jugger review and then ship them here. ka-chow

lol!

moguls are already gone... lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bull's Justin van Tergouw 4.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 94 10,752 04-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Bull's Max "Maximiser" Hopp Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 51 8,950 02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: neil_kman
  Bull's (NL)/Shot! Martin "The Wall" Schindler 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 16 3,012 01-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Bull's NL Checker 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts copigme 12 2,013 10-31-2018, 01:18 PM
  Bull's NL Bubble 26gr 90% Tungsten Darts copigme 12 1,888 09-29-2018, 09:19 PM
  Bull's (NL) Typhoon 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 32 6,325 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM
  Bull's Shockwave 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts - Update colour info copigme 22 3,490 08-11-2018, 02:15 PM
  Video Review - Bull's Fighter Gemini 19g (Soft) jayouloun 2 1,808 07-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Last Post: jayouloun