Darts Buddy

What is the exact width of the televised raised PDC oche?
I asked this in a different forum awhile back and no one had an idea...might as well try here.

The raised oche on most PDC televised events tend to be the same width everytime. It makes sense since you'll see players like Bunting standing near the same right side edge during most televised games.

We can all go look at the rule book but the measurements they give are too narrow and nowhere near the width of the televised oche.

Here is some pictures to give you an idea...

Broken link removed

Let's say an average shoe size is a 10.5 (or 10 UK, 43/44 Euro). Physically that means the shoe's sole is around 10.5-11"

So looking at the pictures above, that looks like the oche is about 38-39" wide...which makes me wonder if PDC tries to keep it simple by making it one meter wide (1 meter = 39.3")

Has anyone thrown on a televised style PDC oche and confirm this?

The reason this came up is that a friend and me were talking about how Ted Hankey throws with half his front foot off the oche....knowing the actual oche width would be interesting since you could replicate his position (just for curiosity sake)...and see if he truly is that far over or if the camera just makes it look like he's further over than he really is.

It's kind of a "who cares?" thread..but I figured it would be interesting for people considering building a raised oche and knowing you'll actually have the exact PDC dimensions.

Thanks.
I want to know this too!, thanks for posting!
I guess its any width they want, but they must use a set size within reason. Never thought about it but will try to find out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The reason I think they use a standard size for each match is that you'll notice the same gap behind a specific player's front foot and the edge during every match. It's noticeable with a player like Bunting or Hankey that have their front foot almost off the edge. The player's lead foot is always in the exact same spot.

It's just one of those things I notice since PDC always does the dartboard cam (facing the players) during warm-up throws.
I wonder how the people who set it up got their job doing that, would be a cushy job I think, guess they have to set the whole stage and lighting system up too, nice job to have Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I dont think there is a set rule on the width though, never really thought to check before.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have heard the min. width is 1 meter, but on every tournament it's a different size.
may all the doubles be with you

The best way to get correct info is go right to the source. Use the contact form over at the PDC site. If it was me I'd say something like this... "Hello, a bunch of us are having a discussion over at the Dartsnutz website regarding the size of the elevated oche. Would anyone there be able to help tell us the dimensions used.Thanks"

You could even direct the message to David Allen. He's always got back to me right away with any sort of off the wall question I've had. Here's the link to the form... https://www.pdc.tv/contact-us
just looking at that picture of barney. the ave foot size is about 300mm so i'd say its a meter using all my CSI dartsnuz techniques
I have emailed Dave Allen at the PDC, hopefully he will reply soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

possibly 1222mm if the builders were lazy like me and just put a full sheet of ply down lol
(10-27-2014, 01:22 PM)jamie373 Wrote: possibly 1222mm if the builders were lazy like me and just put a full sheet of ply down lol

or even lazier like me and you just draw a line and leave it at that lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

:LOL: put a jumper down nearish where the line should be like the old days playing football lol
I would say fixed size which allows players to exit the oche while the other player is getting in position. Approx. 24 bottles of beer wide. hehe
Any news on here? want to go to the DIY Store in 2 hours Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The PDC oche is wider than the BDO one as both Bunting and Hankey are off the edge of the BDO one but inside the PDC one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Width question Troll 19 2,071 04-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  Raised oche for home practice? Regulatori 12 9,884 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: 6God
  What to cover a raised oche in??? Tankie 24 3,464 12-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Denzo
  All Televised Nine Dart Finishes - 1984 - Present in chronological order Gada 12 3,118 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  Is it common to put all your weight against a raised oche? Regulatori 11 4,002 03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85