Cuesoul

“Non-electronic” Soft-tip Dartboards
I need to replace my old soft-tip home practice board (a dept store cheapO). It’s getting worn out. The electronics died and it’s getting filled up with tip pieces.

The question --- Does anybody use those “non-electronic” soft-tip dartboards like the ones the sell at A to Z? https://www.a-zdarts.com/Products/Profes...k-pro.aspx

They sound like a good idea because they’re cheaper than dirt, they have no electronics to go bad and they’re open-backed, so it’s easy to poke out the broken-off tip pieces. I’m wondering how they work out in reality. Anybody have any experience with these boards?
never tried one but there is plenty about so I guess its cheap enough to have a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I just upgraded from one like that...

It made me hate soft tip.

The one I have is a very hard cheap plastic. The holes seem to bend and damage very easily, except with the terrible little 4gram plastic darts it came with.

Bounce outs like crazy and every dart that hit the board sounded like a gun shot.... and that's with 2 layers of carpet attached to the wall behind it.

Long story short? I'd rather throw darts at a board painted on an asbestos wall...
Yikes! I was afraid the idea seemed to be too good to be true and there had to be a real-life downside. Kind of like the beautiful chick who turns out to be batsh!t crazy...
Glad I asked. The last thing I need to do is blowing perfectly good money on more useless crap that'll end up on a closet floor. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Just out of curiosity --- What did you end up upgrading into?
(10-19-2014, 05:37 PM)Adams Wrote: Yikes! I was afraid the idea seemed to be too good to be true and there had to be a real-life downside. Kind of like the beautiful chick who turns out to be batsh!t crazy...
Glad I asked. The last thing I need to do is blowing perfectly good money on more useless crap that'll end up on a closet floor. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Just out of curiosity --- What did you end up upgrading into?

Dartslive 100s

I like it!
All of the soft tip boards will be have the loud pop of the dart hitting the face of the board ,,, some just louder than others ,,,,

That being said I have A Halex board I bought several years ago at walmart,,, it is lightly used ,,mostly just hung on the wall across from my steel tip board,,,,,It did have a wall ac adapter I long ago misplaced,,,

It needs a new home,,,,,

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
PM sent.
There we go!

Once again, the magic of the Darts Nutz forum!
(10-19-2014, 05:46 PM)Jugger Wrote: Dartslive 100s

I like it!

How quiet are those?
(10-19-2014, 11:41 PM)Regulatori Wrote:
(10-19-2014, 05:46 PM)Jugger Wrote: Dartslive 100s

I like it!

How quiet are those?

Compared to my old one? Silent...

Check out my review in the dartboards reviews
https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=8611
Dartman lite is another good board just for practice. My experience has lead me to believe there is no such thing as a quiet soft tip board unless you can incorporate a good amount of foam between the board and the wall. Another option might be to check bristle boards with soft tip size segments.

https://www.a-zdarts.com/Products/Puma-S...b-FGS.aspx
Tip: How to convert electronic soft tip dartboards to non electronic type.

Option 1: Take out the batteries of the electronic soft tip dartboards.

Option 2: While plugged and/or turned on, submerge in water.

Hope these tips help.
Anyone have any experience with the board from A-Z that the original poster mentioned ?

cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunt for a new electronic board WickedSticky 4 318 03-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Electronic dartboard setups at home? Yohoes 47 13,216 11-21-2020, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Yohoes
  Non-Electronic Practice Board Recommendations sbprime 2 286 07-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  Modern Dartboards DarthMaul 13 1,070 01-12-2020, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  How do I remove broke off tip in electronic board cgolf 7 6,221 02-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Remo
  Eagle Dart BlueTooth4.0 Luminous Electronic Dartboard wpp 1 1,777 10-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jp22