Shot Darts

Rarest or most collectable flights?
Just a general question, but what are the rarest or most collectable flights out there? Probably a topic of hot discussion, but would be interested in what your guys - especially the collectors - opinions are............
Good question - I would also be interested to know.

I would think the paper heart shaped Dorwin ones that were inserted in a hairpin style thing would be quite rare as they dont make them anymore and they are pretty fragile.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I remember having a glass jar where I place all flights that I replaced that gave me good memories. Flights collection never crossed my mind because there is no current market for such as a collectible item per se like postage stamps.

But there is one guy here that collects aluminum shafts.
I have a couple of sets of 'Darts World' magazine flights from the early 70's which I think would be quite rare...J.D.
There is lots of flights collectors, I collect the odd few but not in the same league as some, check Marts site: https://www.martsdarts.co.uk/

I would say that there is some rare ones to collect and often it will be of promotional types from a certain brand or an event.

I think some very rare ones would be of players that had there names on when it was first starting as a fashion for signature flights and then there will be ones like Rees and Evans flights that were made in the early to mid 70's and some Bristow and Maureen Flowers flights.

I paid about £30 for some Unicorn Sweeper flights that were unused and boxed:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Unicorn Sweeper Flights (4) by dazdart, on Flickr

I guess these paper flights are very rare as I only ever seen 5 and I had them all, gave 2 away and they may be the first ever spinning flights but I cannot find any info on them:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Rare Unique R.A.F. Darts by dazdart, on Flickr
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
According to Patrick Chaplin the term for a darts flight collector is a belopterophilist , just in case you were wondering
thats easy for you to say!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I have these old flight Bristow and Flowers Durros just a wish I had the darts to go with them.    
nice , they have got to worth a bob or two !
yeah would be great if you had the darts too! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-13-2014, 11:49 PM)BedfontDan Wrote: I have these old flight Bristow and Flowers Durros just a wish I had the darts to go with them.

I may be able to help you out if you want a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dan
Alan evans silvertrim the illusive set for me - I need a set but i cannot find them anywhere!
I have a pretty good collection of paper flights. If you click on my Flickr site,go to Albums and click on the paper flight.
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

(11-17-2014, 02:11 PM)dartbord Wrote: I have a pretty good collection of paper flights. If you click on my Flickr site,go to Albums and click on the paper flight.

I remember the 'Newcastle ' flights very well ! Used to write the brewery and they would send a bunch ! You've got a really good collection there man !...J.D.
Way back when I used to have a set of flights from Unicorn that had a playing card theme. At the time I really liked them and when they wore out I searched for replacement sets everywhere.
20 years later Unicorn are once again making them, with some retailers even saying they are a new design. So it could be that even if a flight is rare all it takes is from someone at the manufacturer to flick through old catalogues and think "Lets reprint these."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most collectable darts ? jimdandy 15 6,523 01-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip