Darts Buddy

Did you ever got hit by a bounce out dart?
I made a topic a few week ago about my problem that since i got my new darts, i have a ton of bouce out darts. Sometimes i litteraly have to just out of the way! My blade 4 is destroying my darts points, because they fly all over the room. My question is: is there someone who ever got hit by i bounce out dart? I think i am next!
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
Well when the dart bounces out with our brain we are attempting to catch the dart and sometimes works but sometimes it hurts xD
When I was a kid we used to play a game where you would see how much you could score in 5 mins,a mate on his last throw took off to retrieve the dart only to have it bounce out and hit him in the eye! He was ok and it didnt stop us playing, bloody idiots lol...

Best Tournament Result;
Pontins Pakefield 2014 Runner Up.
Had a few near misses but the closest was from a set of spring loaded darts, I hit the wire and must have got it just right and the dart bounced past me, I just moved out the way in time, was enough to put me off using the darts though.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
No, but I worry about our cats. Had one decide to plop down right under the board the other day. I used a couch cushion to make him a lean-to for protection.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

yep. had one land in the top of my foot once. i was warming up, threw the last dart and started walking to the board immediately. to be honest i looked out of the the window on the way to the board and the next thing i knew the darts was sticking in my foot. it took ages to stop bleeding.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Not as a player, though some where pretty close. When marking a game, I once was too slow and a dart landet in the shoe. Those are damn expensive shoes and now I have a little whole (or mark) in there. LOL

Before throwing, always make kids and pets move out of the bounce-out-area.

(10-16-2014, 09:33 AM)Dartbuggy Wrote: No, but I worry about our cats. Had one decide to plop down right under the board the other day. I used a couch cushion to make him a lean-to for protection.

Got the same problem my friend. I really got to remind myself to close the door, because they really love watching darts.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
I kicked a bounce out once - never again though lol
(10-16-2014, 12:14 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I kicked a bounce out once - never again though lol

haha Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Have a friend who thought he could catch it. Learned his lesson, too.

I probably shouldn't play barefoot all the time, but I do. I always seem to dance out of the way. I have stabbed myself in the palm installing flights before.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Not a bounce out but the wife dropped one straight into her foot while waiting to throw....it was quite funny because I just turned round pulled the dart out passed it back to her and carried on throwing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. lol
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
A friend gets bounce outs all the time. He caught one in the pant leg and hung there. This past Tuesday at our LOD I was walking toward a board to retrieve my darts he got a bounce out that came an inch from hitting me in the eye. Normally we wait until someone is done throwing before retrieving our darts but we were warming up and I did a dumb move.

Also you don't want too sharp of points. If you are bouncing out of a Blade4 your points may be too sharp.
I took one in the top of my right foot many years ago when I thought it cool to play in sandals. Since then it's been tennis shoes(trainers for the UK folk) when at the oche for me. I'm not the sharpest tack in the pack, but darts stuck in body parts generally don't feel good.

I've had more than my fair share of near misses when scoring. Funny how darts sometimes bounce out sideways from a board, especially when they are going for doubles on the scoreboard side.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Dart Points Bounce Outs DAVEISTHENAME 10 500 07-01-2020, 03:28 PM
Last Post: DAVEISTHENAME
  Bounce outs more common with Priestley darts? NiteEyez 9 412 05-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Last Post: LKH9
  Crazy bounce out Mike HermThe 3 533 06-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Having a lot of bounce outs LeeICFC 12 1,403 03-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  bounce outs Luke Gray 5 1,071 08-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade