Target Darts.

US dart players
I was amazed to see that the country with the biggest membership on this forum is the USA and also that you have dart teams :wow:..obviously darts is a very british game and in the UK darts are always associated with pubs, they go hand in hand as almost every pub has a dart board Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..Where do you guys in the US play your team darts? Do many of the bars in the US have dart boards? I'm intrigued guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

Best Tournament Result;
Pontins Pakefield 2014 Runner Up.
the clam in family guy has one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I play my team darts in Manhattan and throughout New York. There are also tournaments throughout the country as well as many different leagues in many different states. There is also the dart players New York tour and dart players Los Angeles tour which is very interesting.
The one in the big bang theory always annoys me because its far too low Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-13-2014, 06:00 PM)eammoncass Wrote: The one in the big bang theory always annoys me because its far too low Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

same
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-13-2014, 06:00 PM)eammoncass Wrote: The one in the big bang theory always annoys me because its far too low Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

but penny is hot so i still watch
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

There are Irish, British, Scottish bars all over the place with at least 2 steel boards here in California. New Sports bars have Dartslive or Phoenix boards at least 4 units. There's 4 big tournaments every month and at least 6 mini tournaments each week. Tournament registration fee cost $10. You consume at least 4 bottles of beer @ $6/bottle each per mini tournament.

That's why most US people are in poverty threshold and the liquor shops operated by Russians, Indians, and Mediterranean guys are the ones getting rich.
(10-13-2014, 05:48 PM)Paul 180 Wrote: I was amazed to see that the country with the biggest membership on this forum is the USA and also that you have dart teams :wow:..obviously darts is a very british game and in the UK darts are always associated with pubs, they go hand in hand as almost every pub has a dart board Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..Where do you guys in the US play your team darts? Do many of the bars in the US have dart boards? I'm intrigued guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

paul in the u.s.
some parts of the country are stronger in steel tip some parts softtip
a lucky few have both
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

It is odd for me here in New Jersey. North of me (closer to New Yawk) there are leagues. Down South Jersey the same thing, for us Central Jersey people there is nothing. We need to travel a good distance to play anything. I did recently find a soft tip league which once their current season is over I will be joining, this one is only about a half hour away. There are areas where darts is pretty popular and areas like mine where no one seems to play. But you can go into most bars and find either a widdy type board or an occasional electric or steel board. Thing is steel boards here cause insurance rates to go sky high, so that could be a problem as well.
Ive noticed a lot of Widdy boards in South Jersey/Jersey Shore bars. My father in law used to play Widdy darts years ago in Westchester County NY. I have his old Widdy board hanging in my garage.

Im north of NYC and we've got leagues all through the Hudson Valley - Westchester, Westchester/Putnam, Southern Dutchess, Poughkeepsie Monday night league, Tri-City up around Albany, etc. All our matches are in bars, some are "Irish/English" style pubs, but many are not. We have a bowling alley sponsors a team, and the occasional restaurant. The Southern Dutchess league that Im a part of has 37 teams this season, of 4-8 players each, all within roughly 30 mins drive of each other. One place is a darts/pool bar basically and sponsors 7 teams. Many other places sponsor 2, 3, 4 teams each. So its feast or famine in a way - bars either have boards and activity on them, or its nothing. Of course my view may be skewed as the places i frequent more often are the places WITH boards. One of our goals in our league as officers is to try and bring in a few more bars and teams for next season and grow the league.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

My thinks its only a matter of time before you get a PDC top 16 player Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Best Tournament Result;
Pontins Pakefield 2014 Runner Up.
(10-14-2014, 08:44 AM)Paul 180 Wrote: My thinks its only a matter of time before you get a PDC top 16 player Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Only if the player has more $$$ than time ,,,,Darts in the Uk are a prime time sport ,,,,as in TV coverage,,Big time Sponsors,,,and online Gambling,,,,,,,

When is the last time you seen any dart event in the U.S. broadcast on live TV,,??
[quote=
Only if the player has more $$$ than time ,,,,Darts in the Uk are a prime time sport ,,,,as in TV coverage,,Big time Sponsors,,,and online Gambling,,,,,,,

When is the last time you seen any dart event in the U.S. broadcast on live TV,,??
[/quote]

The local cable channel has been showing the Premier League dart games lately------------from 2013.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No dart player from the U.S. will crack the top 20 in World Rankings anytime soon. Our format for tournaments is not geared to match the type of play the top players participate in on a weekly basis. There is no real money to be made playing in U.S. tournaments and sponsorship is woefully lacking for our players for them to even think of going at it full time.
(10-14-2014, 08:44 AM)Paul 180 Wrote: My thinks its only a matter of time before you get a PDC top 16 player Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Theres more than a few reasons why that probably wont happen - no strong national organization, no sponsorship money, US tourneys are usually shorter format, '01 and cricket so not single focused on 501, etc.

I personally feel that, like most things, it comes down to money first and foremost. Most darts players in the US have a regular job thats not darts related. Essentially they're part time players.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

I live in Cape May County South Jersey and there are no English Dart leagues or even dartboards. Back in the 80's English Darts was big but it fell apart now there is nothing and no decent shuffleboard tables either. The American Legion I belong to in Ocean City is building a new post and I told them that I have a English dartboard for them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pro dart players' nicknames Berlin180 36 14,966 12-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rollback
  Overlooked pro dart players CalixNL 19 1,214 04-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPPK
  Players using other players darts Tlowe 22 8,438 09-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: TheRedBit
  Are dart players tested apples73 4 805 07-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: chris_kn
  Dart players sweets sjmattitude1982 12 1,596 05-30-2017, 02:41 AM
Last Post: The G