Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target 2014 Colin Lloyd 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwd3-Hy9al8&list=UUFOUzs58B7425JEDXkBLoGQ

I bought these recently from Madhouse darts using the forum discount, so cost me £21.47 link here: 23g Lloyd darts

They are from Targets new Pro League range and are based on the style of barrel that Lloyd has used in the past with Unicorn and Durro.

The darts are available in 18, 21 and 23 grams, these are the 23g version and they are 90% tungsten. The darts come in the new slim line Target packaging and are supplied with short Pro Grip stems and Target Vision flights. You also get an extra Target goody bag from Madhouse as pictured below, which is great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see from the pics the barrels have a distinct front knurled section with wide rings and grooves at the rear. I would say the grip is just a medium level overall.

Dimensions:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

Weight:

2 barrels were the same weight and the third was 5 hundredths of a gram heavier, so pretty good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with the setup as supplied:

Balance:

With nothing attached the balance was slightly to the front although I kind of expected it to be a little more front weighted with the thicker knurl section:

With the supplied setup the balance was a little more towards the rear strangely?

Balance with my medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

I gripped these quite close to the front, kind of on the little groove before the knurl starts and partly on the knurl too. I probably should have gripped them more in the centre of the knurl for better balance though.

They landed in the board a little flatter than usual for me:

Conclusion:

Well I have had this style of Lloyd dart in the past, I had a Unicorn set and still have 2 gold Unicorn versions and also had or have (cant remember) the older Durro style too. I have always quite liked the design of it but kind of sorry to say its never liked me. I did have the Target Stone grip Lloyds too from when he first joined Target, hit a 180 with those in my first few throws but was basically hopeless with them after that LOL! But my curiosity got the better of me again so I had to try this new Target version too and sadly it still does not quite suite me although they performed better than I expected.

I did not see any major issues in the darts flight, it was fairly stable but for some reason it was not giving me that right feeling, its hard to explain but its me and not the darts obviously. I think the darts flew better when I give them a little harder of a throw but its not so naturally for me and I tend to be more gently and a bit looping and don't think these were working with that style.

A shame as I think they look good, I will be keeping my gold ones for collecting reasons but probably wont be keeping these. The darts themselves are very nice quality and I had no problems with slipping on the knurl like I sometimes get when my fingers get a little sweaty.

So nice darts but don't suit me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (a nice design)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 9 (nice quality)
Value: 8.5 (nice quality darts at a good price)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (not terrible but could be better)

Best Feature: Front knurl Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for another great review. I had the unicorn ones and back then they worked ok for me. Now I have had to change my grip these would not really work.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(10-12-2014, 05:41 PM)rich345 Wrote: Thanks for another great review. I had the unicorn ones and back then they worked ok for me. Now I have had to change my grip these would not really work.

Yeah I am not sure why but just don't feel right for me either.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review again Darren. I find all Target darts just not comfortable to me for some reason. Can't put my finger on why
I got a set of these at the Target launch day - very nice darts
Great review Darren, I love the look of these and I'm curious what your plans are for these! +1
(10-12-2014, 07:12 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great review again Darren. I find all Target darts just not comfortable to me for some reason. Can't put my finger on why

Strange really, I cant put my finger on why I don't get on with these, but I don't have the same problem with all Target darts, I don't think its the feel of them in my fingers I think its more they just don't work so well with my throw Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-12-2014, 07:17 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I got a set of these at the Target launch day - very nice darts

Lucky Devil!

(10-12-2014, 07:18 PM)JayKay Wrote: Great review Darren, I love the look of these and I'm curious what your plans are for these! +1

Thanks Jay, I will probably sell them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 235 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 14 379 11-20-2020, 04:42 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 10 463 11-05-2020, 05:35 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,145 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 468 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 6 788 10-18-2020, 04:00 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 107,352 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 579 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM
  Target Gabriel Clemens Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,145 10-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Bolide 02 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 32 2,193 08-11-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Gooddark