Unicorn

Dartslive 100s... Review... Of sorts
So.... I have an excruciatingly terrible soft tip board... One piece of rock hard plastic... I have broken the holes while throwing darts...

This board was my only experience with soft tip, so let's just say I really didn't like soft tip darts.

So what's the next logical step? Never play soft tip again!? Right? No... On the contrary... Jump right in and buy the most expensive home soft tip board on the market!!!

Logic sometimes escapes me...

Anyways... Moving on...

So this arrives yesterday..
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pretty cool, but it didn't rush into opening the box, I just didn't have the desire.

So a few hours later, the missus gives me the gears about having this giant box sitting on the kitchen counter. "Fine! I'll move it!...." After I open it a pull everything out of the box... Leaving a mess all over the kitchen.

I was pretty impressed... The board looked well made, looks nice... I push on the sections and it feels like there is some kind of shock absorber in there! Cool! Maybe that ridiculous loud "BANG!" from my old board is a thing of the past!

I'm just about to close up the box, when I see a little plastic bag! Inside the bag, I find darts... Possibly real darts... They look like they might be tungsten! They feel really slippy... There appears to be grip on them, but there is not... Don't be fooled!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They feel really light... They are really light... I pretty much hate them
But... Perfect to let other people that I don't like use
At least the points are decent?

Fast forward to today....

I get home and decide that it's time to hang this board up!

Where did I put those directions?

Nice simple instructions... That I messed up... First attempt I used a measuring tape to get the four holes the right distance... And I attached the board crooked... Well done dummy!

So... Attempt 2... I just used screwed the damn instructions to the wall!
WIN!

Next attempt was successful!

Pretty easy to hang up really... Fours screws... Four slots on the back of the board. If you use a level, you would be much better at hanging the board than I was.

So the board is up... I didn't consider the fact that I may need a plug in close by... I unwrap the plug, fingers crossed it's a long enough cord to reach my closest socket.... WIN! Again! Not that big of a deal though... It turns out the board also takes batteries.... Good news for those of you that live in caves, or garden sheds, or hobbit houses on the side of a mountain... OR just throw steel tip instead...

As I generally boycott operating instructions, I figured I would not bother even looking for them. After spending a couple minutes wondering why the power switch wasn't working... I stopped messing around with the volume switch and turned the board on with the proper switch on the other side...

The display screen reminds me of a 1980s digital watch I once had... Pretty underwhelming...... But... It's easy to read, and easy to figure out.

Lots of game options. Different variations of cricket (I didn't know such a thing even existed), all the 01 games plus the ability to change the game options... Double in... Double in, double out... Etc. Even the option to have up to 4 people play at a time.

Time to throw some darts!
501 first... Of course.

Played like crap... Because I've been playing like crap. I few legs of 501 until I remember that soft tip people shoot at the bull... Ok then....

.... So I miss the bull a couple dozen times then this happens...

"PEW... PEW... PEW... BOOP BOOP BEEP BOOP" says the board...nope... That will not do... Volume down!

Time for some of this mystical cricket... All I know about cricket... Is to get 3 marks in each of the numbers....

So I hit everything BUT what I'm aiming at for a few games... Then I start another and this happens...

Wait a minute! I think I just heard horses! Volume up! VOLUME UP!
I have no idea what the deal with the horses was, but I kind of liked it... I haven't heard horses again though... Bummer.

So that was enough for now... I shut the board off.... Then threw a few more darts at the silent board... Of course....

Anyways...

I still don't know much about the soft tip, but it know for sure that this board is WAY better than my other one. I could do without some of the sounds. (Except the horses!) but there is a multiple level volume switch that handles that easy enough.
The board seems to be built very well, I expect it will last quite a while, even with me throwing my darts a bit harder than the average guy. As good of construction as you could ever expect from a plastic, electronic dartboard.

One thing I read as a selling point was that the board was quiet... Quiet... Quiet they said.... Good for if you live in an apartment they said....

HOGWASH!

Not quiet... Every dart hitting the board sounds like a whip cracking. I suppose it is something a guy would get used to, but I very much prefer the soft thud of a steel dart hitting sisal...

The conclusion?

It's a really nice board. Glad to have it (for now) and I definitely recommend it, especially if you are a soft tip player. I highly doubt there is a better quality home board on the market.

A bit pricey, but I have to assume some of that price is for the Dartslive name printed on the board.

I've read complaints that the board doesn't connect with the Dartslive network... But that's ridiculous... Imagine the cheating twats if people could play with nobody watching!
Well... that's the hardest I ever laughed reading a review. That was well written and funny as hell!!!! I'd give you more +1's if I could. But alas, I cannot. +1 it is Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great post and review. +1 from me as well. I am liking the soft tip boards. Would like to get one that connects to a computer, phone or tablet.
We'll written! U wrote everything that I need to know +1
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL that was great Jugger!!!

Your selfie pic is priceless Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You have described your experience perfectly and it was great fun to read, very well done, +2 from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I cant really see how any of these soft tip boards could be quiet though, the sound of the soft tips hitting the plastic will always be quite loud unless they can make a durable soft plastic that can absorb the noise but still retain the points without going out of shape?

I think those supplied darts look like nickel-silver barrels.

Top review!!!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Quality, mate... Like reading a comedy Sketch. The Lingo was well delivered mate...

+1 for the Beard, Nice one Chum.
superb Jugger a great review very funny and informative +1
Jugger great Review. Great photos and brillant Story. +1 from me.
So natural. Will be looking foward to many more Reviews.
Thanks guys!
You know what this means right? Yep, we need more reviews from you. I'm already wanting to read another Jugger review. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
All I can say is..........BEARD!!!!! lol (sooo jealous Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-11-2014, 06:41 PM)Cyanide Wrote: You know what this means right? Yep, we need more reviews from you. I'm already wanting to read another Jugger review. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well... I don't really know what to review...
(10-11-2014, 07:37 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 06:41 PM)Cyanide Wrote: You know what this means right? Yep, we need more reviews from you. I'm already wanting to read another Jugger review. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well... I don't really know what to review...

Well after this Sublime First, you'll have to review some thing a little out-of-the-ordinary.... Perhaps a set of the Thinnest Lightest Arrers you can find... or maybe a set of 40g monsters...

But if you do review some thing, don't force it cos you feel you have to.
Strangely enough... I always wanted to try some ridiculous heavy darts
(10-11-2014, 09:00 PM)Jugger Wrote: Strangely enough... I always wanted to try some ridiculous heavy darts

HA HA! there you go then Mucker.... falls into place for you.

https://www.reddragondarts.com/cgi-bin/s...&id=dragon

A review of the Heaviest Darts in the World is in the offing, and perhaps very Apt my son...eh! Savvy...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Samurai - Review of Sorts Molrix 12 1,450 11-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Dartslive 100s review GOLGO-13 17 17,426 12-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip