Harrows Darts.

Simon Whitlock 24g Darts Review
I got the Gold Whitlocks darts when they first came out by Red Dragon 2 years ago, cost £34.99 then. I am reviewing the Winmau branded ones here in 24g. They are still the same price on Red Dragon but the cheapest I have seen at the time of this review is Double Top darts for £25.99. click here

The plain tungsten version are cheaper but this review is just for the Gold version.

This is the aluminium cased version:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Supplied with 2 sets of stems and 2 sets of Whitlock signature flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts themselves are half coated in 24K Gold Plate which gives them a beautiful and distinctive look:

As you can see from the pics they are a tapered barrel and thus a front weighted dart. They have a number of wide rings which ends in a collection of narrow rings at the nose.

I would say its probably a level 2 grip but I think the gold plating affords a certain level of grip but is likely to wear in time.

The dimensions of the barrels can be seen in the following pics:

Length:
Width (widest):
Width (narrowest):

They are very well match weighted, I had 2 at 24.4g and 1 at 24.3g:

Here they are set up with a medium, inbetween 23mm, and a short stem:

Here is the balance point set up with a medium stem and standard flight:

Here is my usual grip which suits this type of dart I think:

When I first got my original Red Dragon Whitlock 24g darts, I hit a 180 not long after playing with them and a week later I hit another one. I was just starting to improve at that point and these were the first set for a long while that I had hit a 180 with. So I kept them in my "Keep Pile" and since then I acquired a 22g set a 26g set and the 24g set above, so now have 4 sets:

They seem to suit my forward style of grip and its probably because they are a front weighted dart. I have not played with them much of late because I have had so many sets to try but I'm going to give them a good run soon and finally make up my mind if they are for me or not.

As usual from Red Dragon/Winmau they are of a very good standard of quality but dont expect the gold plate to last because it wont.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Why you need 4 sets lol?
Because he is a wizard. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
thanks Darren for the review buddy, they are beautiful looking things.
Great review Darren, as always. I have this exact set with the case and all, beautiful darts but I can't throw them at all! Guess the gold won't wear off of mine!
I loved the set of 22g one's that I had. Wish I didn't swap them now. I had a set of 18g soft tip version as well and sold them to a friend. Once again, regretting that.

League High Peg Outs: Monday 160, Tuesday 170, Thursday 170, Friday 160
(11-06-2013, 08:52 PM)mentos Wrote: Why you need 4 sets lol?

This was an old review from the old site.

I had them when they were first made and it was between these and Lowes that I was finally going to decide on, I was leaning towards these and just got more sets in different weights.

They really did work well for me until I hurt my shoulder, 18 months later I hated them, just never got the hang of throwing them back, may have been me expecting too much but whatever it was it never returned.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

love them darts, think i still have some 22g somewhere
Nice Grip.. I had 2 sets of the Phase2 but just 1.5mm too long and even front loaded and gooves in the nose.. just not for me, sold both sets
Reason- too smooth & long, also the "waist" at the back still didnt give me enough grip.. at one stage I had resin on my fingers (bad move) then even considered doing what Simon used to do when he was with PUMA.. run a sharpening stone down the barrel to give paralell grip.. decided against it
See you at the oche'

Wazza

Darts used-Harrows 24g Dennis Priestley.
Monster Gunner11 2BA 16g, L-Style 260 shafts and white Astra flights.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
34 years playing darts 1982-2016, retirement is not an option Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I only have a 22g set now, where ever they are lol!

but he uses a new dart now though.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-05-2014, 09:58 AM)Getagrip Wrote: I only have a 22g set now, where ever they are lol!

but he uses a new dart now though.

Yes Simon has a mixture of Dennis Priestly Winmau and his Phase2 barrels @22grams.. contacts for Simon tell me he says they are the best he has used, I have tole the guys to tell him to go back to his originals.. we all have actually.
See you at the oche'

Wazza

Darts used-Harrows 24g Dennis Priestley.
Monster Gunner11 2BA 16g, L-Style 260 shafts and white Astra flights.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
34 years playing darts 1982-2016, retirement is not an option Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Anybody still playing these? Do they wear out quick?
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
Lovely pictures and review
(05-12-2018, 07:37 AM)Papa w Wrote: Lovely pictures and review

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Enjoyed reading the review my he's really changed his darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Simon Whitlock 22g darts review Getagrip 52 20,336 01-06-2020, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Clash
  Winmau Simon Whitlock Special Edition 22g Don Q 33 3,503 12-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Laconic
  Winmau 2016 Simon Whitlocks Seedykiwi 10 5,451 01-22-2018, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Xkyle813x