Target Darts.

Going through a down turn in scoring-
Been away from darts practice for months due to health - My average was in low 70's ( good for pub play) but now me average below 50 and am having that trough on the down side. I dropped down to low league and though my record of 18-2 so far is decent (loss 2 legs to a Top player who also dropped down to straighten things out like me ) my accuracy is baaaaad at the moment. I know with practice I will improve but its painful at the moment. If no improvement in a month I will have to talk to George. Just aggravated at the moment. Strange to win and still be pissed. Example playing Double in 301 I get in with 75 then proceed to not throw over 65 the rest of the game, pure rubbish. Aw well enough said.
Reply
Lol I wish I could throw as well as you "bad" play. You'll get it back man, it will just take a little bit of time. Good luck with getting your form back.
Reply
I know your health issues are some of it but as you know most of it is between your ears! Don't think george can help you on this one - you will get it back
Reply
Thanks guys, your responses are very much welcomed.
Reply
sounds a bit like myself,had to look after my mum n dad in the last couple of months so practice was on the backburner...now there getting better,ive just got some new arrers and my passion and games coming back...hope this helps a bitGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Reply
Thanks Paul much appreciate.
Reply
If your Mechanics are right then 90% of darts is Mental the other 10% is in your head!!!

Hope you find your form again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything


Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Reply
I have no doubt the form will return. Good Luck
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.


Member previously known as Daveheald

Reply
I'm having a personal relationship with your frustration at the moment too. Like a fool, I decided to remain in top league after a 2 year layoff from league play and am getting spanked on a weekly basis by players that remained active all that time. I kind of expected to take my lumps, but this is a thrashing that is proving detrimental to my darts as I find myself pressing too much.

Some of it is my stroke not being what it was prior to the injury, but mostly it is now between the ears like Tormentor mentioned. Like you, I've been around darts for a good while and know these things generally come and go, and when the go, the darts come back as good, or better than before. Hopefully, you and I can get past this little glitch and get back to form. Good luck.
Reply
(10-01-2014, 05:38 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: If your Mechanics are right then 90% of darts is Mental the other 10% is in your head!!!

Hope you find your form again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pretty much this, all the way. Spot on, bruv.
Reply
Yeah this too shall pass, its the time it takes that's killing me.
Reply
you still the Flight School routines Pops?

might need to do them for a while or mix it up, don't forget your really really really really really really really really old so takes long to recover Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Reply
(10-01-2014, 06:48 PM)Getagrip Wrote: you still the Flight School routines Pops?

might need to do them for a while or mix it up, don't forget your really really really really really really really really old so takes long to recover Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah doing FS about 30min every other day, as far as being old take this ya Git :slap2: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I need to up that to at least an hour a day but that will come in time.
Reply
Good, you can rely on me to make you feel better, now go and have your afternoon nap.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Reply
yep time for me Kip
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scoring Jakey32 8 801 01-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: thegr812k
  Scoring power Mortal ankle 5 755 08-09-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: djb
  Scoring Roberts7286 13 1,314 01-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: barcrusher



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Loxley Darts.