Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Harrows Aura A3 23g darts review

Vid link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4GGvEqNKeY&list=UUFOUzs58B7425JEDXkBLoGQ

Ah another new and blue review!

I already reviewed the A2 here: Aura A2 review and not sure why I got the A2 first as its obvious the A3 are more of a front weighted dart which is more suited to me, but anyway lets take a look at these. This is the third version of the steel tip Harrows Aura darts, the A1 and A2 are more of a straight barrel type whereas its clear to see that the A3 have the more unique shape and for me I think they are the best looking too. They are a whopping 95% tungsten and have a blue nitride coating which is very nicely done and they come supplied with a Harrows plastic case and point protector, some Harrows Supergrip medium stems with ring clips and matt laminate standard flights. Click here for info on the full range including soft tips: Aura Full Range

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I really like the look of these and as you can see from the close ups the grip is not really aggressive and at the front its really just a low level of grip and the grippiest section is at the rear where the blue and silver rings are, its about a medium level of grip here but I think the blue nitride coating adds a little bit to the grip and has a nice feel to it.

Dimensions:

Length:

Width:

Widest on the front bulbous section but I was gripping on the backwards slope:

Detailed dimensions:

Weight:

The darts are very closely matched once again with 2 being exactly the same and the third only 3 hundredths of a gram lighter:

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

Balance:

As can be expected with nothing attached the barrels are front weighted:

With the supplied setup the balance is more central, perhaps a smidgen front of centre:

Balance with my medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

I gripped the darts just on the backwards slope at the front, it is very comfortable there for me and was nicely balanced too:

Darts were landing tail up but not quite as high angled as I thought they would with them been a front weighted bias:

Conclusion:

I found the A3 to be much better suited to my front grip, the slight sideways motion I was getting after release with the A2 was not happening with these and they were flying a lot more stable through the air. I think they are a fantastic looking dart and a joy to throw.

The front bulbous section reminds me a little of the Priestly darts but I found holding the dart on the backwards slope made them so much more comfortable than the Priestlys, it allowed the dart to sit very nicely in my finger and thumb and kind of gives you something to push against as you throw the dart.

As I said before in the A2 review the coating is very nice and seems to improve in feeling as it warms up which I like.

I think these are much better for front grippers but I think a lot depends on the sort of dart you like really and I dare say a rear gripper who likes a front weighted dart will find these very nice too. Probably not for players who like a re more aggressively gripped dart though, the level of grip is only medium at best but no issues for me in that regard.

Once again after doing the review I tried some short stems and they seemed to fly even better, not sure if its something that's changing with my throw or if its just that these dart may work best with sort stems for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They flew fine with the supplied set up but when I switched to some shorties I was just a fair bit more accurate with them.

I don't know how the darts are going to look once they have been a bit battle worn as it were, I cant expect the coating to remain chip free but that is the case with all coated darts, so I will post a pic up in a week or 2 to update on how they are looking, for now though they are great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9.5 (look lovely!)
Grip: 5.5 front and 7 for rear (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 9 (feel very nice quality)
Value: 7.5 (Its 95% T so not too bad)
Suitability for me: 8 (very nice)

Best Feature: Looks (sorry but I do like the looks, could have said balance though) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Your pics are getting better and better, and they already were the absolute best Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Great review, top notch, a big +1!
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Great review Darren. I think these are the best looking ones as well. As a front gripper myself these look very interesting to try, only the diameter turns me off. Why do they have to be so fat!
Great review as always. I am liking these darts even though they are blue. Some Silver Grooved Storm Points.
Awesome review!!! Not awesome for my wallet tho! =]
25G WC Barnies, Phase 5 LP, 9Fives 26G, Target Adrian Lewis G2 23G, One80 Cutlass, Aura A1 25G
(09-27-2014, 06:18 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Your pics are getting better and better, and they already were the absolute best Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Great review, top notch, a big +1!

Thanks Nathan, I am learning the new camera, its fun though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(09-27-2014, 06:27 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great review Darren. I think these are the best looking ones as well. As a front gripper myself these look very interesting to try, only the diameter turns me off. Why do they have to be so fat!

Just grip the thin part, where I grip on the back slope its not 7.6mm Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(09-28-2014, 02:03 PM)uncle poop Wrote: Great review as always. I am liking these darts even though they are blue. Some Silver Grooved Storm Points.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(09-28-2014, 06:33 PM)Jaredf Wrote: Awesome review!!! Not awesome for my wallet tho! =]

Cheers Jared, mark them down for an Xmas gift Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Superb review and what a beautiful looking dart. I would be highly interested in giving these a go as I too like the idea of the front bulb to use for finger placement and pushing the dart to the board. Nice one Darren
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers, yes they are nice looking darts indeed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hey grip
Great review, any update on how the coating is lasting?
County Durham's worst darter - Hitting single 1 for 22 years now

Great review. The dart seems to have a place for anyone's type of grip...
(10-15-2014, 07:12 PM)Random Trebles Wrote: Hey grip
Great review, any update on how the coating is lasting?

(10-15-2014, 09:31 PM)BluntOne80 Wrote: Great review. The dart seems to have a place for anyone's type of grip...

Thanks guys, not played with them much lately as I have been busy doing other reviews but so far the coating is fine but I have a few nicks here and there, will update soon with pics.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'm still considering to buy Harrows Aura A1 or Unicorn Barney World Champion Golden. Any suggestion guys?Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Try both Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I am wondering why the lightest A3 Aura is 23 grams. Any ideas why they don't make a lighter version of the A3 Aura?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 554 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,298 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 640 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 815 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 787 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,364 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 973 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,497 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 474 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 10,856 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM