Unicorn

Rare Old Solid Silver Darts
Manged to pick these from a guy in New York USA.
(Took a hell of lot a bartering as he wanted a small fortune for them).

In the end, I paid him $200 which was a fair price in the end due to the age and uniqueness.

As you can see on the back of the case, there is a auction stickers for non other than 'Christies', I looked it up on their site and sure enough, there is a photo of the darts there being sold along side a few other quality items which as a lot sold for $4183.

The darts are hallmarked (made in England). (will get the dates and makers details later).

Enjoy -

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

nice.. rare find..
 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Griff 10Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Griff 10
:wow:
Nice!

I seen those, he listed them a few times and I thought he was asking way too much for them considering their condition was a little worse for wear.

Surprised he relented at $200 really, but would be nice to know who made them and for what?

I wonder if they were made especially for some rich person?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(04-15-2013, 02:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice!

I seen those, he listed them a few times and I thought he was asking way too much for them considering their condition was a little worse for wear.

Surprised he relented at $200 really, but would be nice to know who made them and for what?

I wonder if they were made especially for some rich person?

Yep, I think at one stage he wanted around $1000 for them !! :s

In all my years collecting darts I've never seen another set like them made out of silver (I've seen the shape in brass).
So yeah, does make you wonder if some rich guy had them specially made up.

I just really loved the auction connection with them.

Really do need to give them a polish !
I saw them listed a few times as well, but like Darren thought he was asking to much at the time.
But you seem to have got them for a decent price Stuart.....Nice darts
I bet they will look totally different all polished up
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(04-15-2013, 10:27 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I bet they will look totally different all polished up

I agree especially with decent set of canes in
shafted, what did you use to clean your news of the world set ? they turned out really well
Brasso,it works on any metal really mate
nice one thanks
I just thought these were really cool....check them out!
Thanks.
They still have a nice spot on the shelf.
I polished them up not so long ago as they were absolutely filthy and tarnished.

Totally impressive!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sweet!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rare jocky wilson darts owdlad 34 13,545 07-11-2021, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Peter Carroll
  Rare Les Wallace Darts Joshtin Pipe 7 1,391 01-15-2021, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Jockyoche78
  unicorn silver comets PAULCFC 3 331 07-31-2020, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  Demise of Nickel Silver? pkittle 5 509 07-07-2020, 05:48 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Nicky Virachkul darts by Accudart Very Rare Getagrip 32 15,630 04-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Lucky Rare Finds weswrestle10 10 902 02-29-2020, 03:00 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Rare Rees darts carlmuscleman67 4 920 06-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: kamikersie
  New to this! Rare darts! Iain1632 5 745 06-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Iain1632
  NOTW silver darts carlmuscleman67 10 2,245 02-27-2018, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bristow
  Rare darts added to collection carlmuscleman67 12 2,248 12-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Getagrip