Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Do you get sore when playing?
Hi guys,

I generally practise almost everyday but I usually get a sore pain in my knee and back? Is this normal for newish players? I've tried modifying my stance which helps for a while but then it becomes sore again.

In some ways I suppose it could be good because it allows me to take a break and refocus but I find it frustrating.

Look forward to your replies, thanks

Mikey
Be careful....I'm probably older than you but because I desperately wanted to get more consistency in my game I practiced for hours got sore neck, shoulders and back ...had a break then continued 'ad finitum'.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Now Im paying the price with a chronic bad back...

To All Nutzers:

Please when you get sore stop, rest and recover fully, very importantly stretch before and especially after playing, ensure your stance and footwear are really comfortable balance your exercises on the opposite side of your body from which you throw...consider massages and take up (or get back to) swimming.

Don't over do it set a reasonable time limit for practice and keep to it!

Best regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

my knees are gone anyway so yes
. if your foot is square to the board you will get knee pains , try a 45 degree angle or even toes pointed at board
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I agree with the resting bit and also never try and make your body do things that are not natural for you. I have done that and paid the price.
I haven't played much in the last month. I put in a solid practice session yesterday and the back of my knee got sore. That's the only thing that hurts when I play for a long time. I think we all have our aches and pains.
Thanks for the replies guys, now you mention it my neck and shoulder do get sore but I just put it down to not being used to the movements. I do try and stand at 45 degrees and tonight I was trying to stand square on but it didn't last. I think I'll give it a rest for a day or two and try again. I don't want to injure myself permanently.
My hips get sore occasionally. Other than that, nothing involved in my throwing action ever gets sore specifically from throwing... Even if I play for 8 hours.

Which is strange since I have so many ailments...
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
(09-18-2014, 11:52 PM)kalaben Wrote: I agree with the resting bit and also never try and make your body do things that are not natural for you. I have done that and paid the price.

That means i should probably give up darts all together then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i have a bad back (minimal disc left between l4 and l5) from bodybuilding and an injury at work + a knackered right shoulder from bodybuilding injury and a knee ache.....yes you guessed it (from bb). Yoga has helped tremendously and i just have to accept the aches and pains of a 'George' esque stance (just cannot play standing upright). i stretch before and find 4 guinness to get in the 'zone' works! a stretch out when i get home works & at the mo dont have to rely on painkillers

I am reliably informed there r loads of pros out there with injuries so its just something to work through.

i do DDP yoga & guys its no BS it does work!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(09-18-2014, 11:50 PM)jamie373 Wrote: my knees are gone anyway so yes
. if your foot is square to the board you will get knee pains , try a 45 degree angle or even toes pointed at board

That's what I do these days toes to the board . Side on kills my back .

Off topic there's a party in George square today if your going along Jamie .
My pride hurts after darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Welcome to the forum Mikey
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
I have a dodgy shoulder injury it pops and clicks loudly. Takes me a while to get it loose. It's one of the reasons I throw all in one motion i.e like Lewis. If I try to aim like Taylor my shoulder starts to hurt and weakens.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Yep when I lose.
I can "muck around" playing for hours with no pain but after a solid hour of 100% focused play (or practice) I get a sore back. Not out of alignment or muscular pain but it just needs to be stretched out and rested. I guess I stand differently if I'm just playing around
I found a compromise to a pain free practise ie no sore back or knee and that was to basically stand side on and not lean forward. Downside is that it has completely knackered my pretty bad accuracy and I don't feel as though I am focusing as well or taking it as seriously. I feel as though I'm just throwing for the sake of throwing instead of actually trying to hit a specific number.

Aaarrrggghhhh this game drives me nuts!!!!