Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target Adrian Lewis Gen 2 23g darts review

Vid link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxkzOJrUTNU&list=UUFOUzs58B7425JEDXkBLoGQ

I just got these recently from Puredarts.co.uk, they cost £31.99, here is the link: Lewis Gen 2 23g There is also some more info on the Target site here: Lewis Gen 2 range

The darts are available in 3 weights 21, 23 and 25 grams and they are 90% tungsten in a natural finish. These are the 23g version and come in the new slimline Target packaging. They are supplied ready setup with short Pro Grip stems and Jackpot Vision flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The thing that I found a little surprising with these darts is just how deep and wide the grooves are on the front ring grip section of the barrel. It gives the dart a kind of chunky feel and makes it a little grippier than you would expect. I would say at the front its a fairly high medium grip and the rear is a low medium. The thin rings at the rear felt kind of soft edged to me. The darts are a basic ring grip but have a pleasing look about them.

Length:

Darts are almost at the limit of what I can comfortably throw well with:

Width:

They are not overly thick but the wide grooves made them feel a little thicker to me:

Detailed Dimensions:

Weight:

Darts were very closely match weighted, just 3 hundredths of a gram difference:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

Balance:

The balance with nothing attached was a little front weighted:

Evened up but may be a touch to the rear with the supplied set up?

Balance with medium, short and extra short stems and standard 100 micron flights:

Darts were quite comfortable gripping on the front ring grip but I did notice that my flesh seemed to sit into the deep grooves but it was not really off putting but not sure if it would miscue the darts on release if you make a lingering contact:

Darts landed in my normal tail up position:

Conclusion:

I think I had a couple of sets of the Lewis Unicorn darts in the past, 2008 I had a 24g set and a 20g set but from what I remember I didn't get on too well with them, then I got a Target Zirconium set 25g in Aug 2011, once again I never got on with them but that may be because they were just over 54mm, so I was expecting the same result with this set. But these are closer to my weight and size and thankfully they fly quite well for me, so I am at least happy about that. I was really just getting them for the sake of reviewing them as I had a lot asking me to review them so I thought ok I will then. But its nice to find that they do actually fly well for me and remind me a little like the Fury 2 darts that I have thrown well with in the past.

They are a straight barrel ring grip but have a kind of nice look about them all the same. I was mostly surprised by the wide grooves on the front ring grip and the way it kind of gives the dart a chunky feel, its not off putting and I quite like the way it feels but I was not expecting that really.

The rings on the rear of the barrel don't do much for me personally, but I will never throw the dart from that grip naturally anyway. I did try from that position just for the sake of it and can see how it can work for rear grippers too providing you don't like to grip very near the end where barrel meets stem.

One thing that I found a little off putting like I did with the Chizzy Pixel grip was the point is only 25mm and my fourth finger would slip off the end sometimes which was a bit annoying.

The flight through the air of the darts was very stable and true and I think the balance for me actually felt best just a little in front of centre, but I think they should work well for most front, middle and rear grippers really.

The tungsten and the machining of the rings has a nice pleasant feel to it and it makes the dart a nice dart to throw.

Overall I quite like these darts, they play much better than I expected and the only thing I would change is to put some slightly longer points on. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (kind of pleasing understated look)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (close)
Quality: 9 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (nice quality darts at a fair price)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (Flew quite well really)

Best Feature: Front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Again,

great review!
Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review. These look generic to me. So many straight barrel darts and these look like any set off the shelf.
great review Grip, thanks.I higly recommend these darts. I really think Target have done a great job with these. I have the 21g version and i really like them. I actually think the smaller grooves at the back are a better design than on the original Unicorn version (whihc is my favourite dart of all time) Also, it is the 1st set or Target darts i have had that do not feel hollow.

One small thing i dislike about them is the Target logo. I am sure many will disagree with me, but i feel that if i am paying a premium for a players darts, i would like some recognition of this on the barrel. I think Unicorn do it best by engraving the actual signature of a player, but even their name would be good. Not too sure why, but for me it appears to cheapen the dart a little. Kind of like "we want you to pay extra for a players dart as we sponsor them, but we will then make them as cheaply as possible"
Obviously it does not effect the way they fly, and as i say i really like these darts, but it just seems a little cheap to me.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(09-16-2014, 03:16 PM)uncle poop Wrote: Great review. These look generic to me. So many straight barrel darts and these look like any set off the shelf.

Of course, your going back to the old ring grip from the very beginning with slight changes here and there, but its an old school style that's always been effective really.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(09-16-2014, 03:18 PM)rich345 Wrote: great review Grip, thanks.I higly recommend these darts. I really think Target have done a great job with these. I have the 21g version and i really like them. I actually think the smaller grooves at the back are a better design than on the original Unicorn version (whihc is my favourite dart of all time) Also, it is the 1st set or Target darts i have had that do not feel hollow.

One small thing i dislike about them is the Target logo. I am sure many will disagree with me, but i feel that if i am paying a premium for a players darts, i would like some recognition of this on the barrel. I think Unicorn do it best by engraving the actual signature of a player, but even their name would be good. Not too sure why, but for me it appears to cheapen the dart a little. Kind of like "we want you to pay extra for a players dart as we sponsor them, but we will then make them as cheaply as possible"
Obviously it does not effect the way they fly, and as i say i really like these darts, but it just seems a little cheap to me.

Thanks Rich, yeah I mention that on the video, I was looking for his sig but its not there, seems strange that they don't do that?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

forgot to say i also find the points too short. After a good thread on here i have decided to give storms another go, so i have fitted 30mm smooth storms on mine, which in reality are the same length as the points fitted to the Unicorn model. They seem to have slightly better feel (or balance) with the longer points. maybe its because this dart was designed originally to use them.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Thanks for the review Darren, greetings
Cheers Jordi! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another fabulous review grip, DN readers are getting spoiled :p Yall don't forget to throw a +1 his way, these reviews are a ton of work! I knew you're review would make me want to buy these so I did a preemptive strike and ordered them. Too bad I ordered them with the DNA Gando 3's now I have to wait till they are released to get these in =\
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(09-16-2014, 03:21 PM)rich345 Wrote: forgot to say i also find the points too short. After a good thread on here i have decided to give storms another go, so i have fitted 30mm smooth storms on mine, which in reality are the same length as the points fitted to the Unicorn model. They seem to have slightly better feel (or balance) with the longer points. maybe its because this dart was designed originally to use them.

Do the storms fit flush to the nose Rich?
I think grip needs an infinti symbol where his rep is !
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

I really enjoy these darts but still can't quite get along with them like my Barney's =\.

Thanks for another stellar review!
25G WC Barnies, Phase 5 LP, 9Fives 26G, Target Adrian Lewis G2 23G, One80 Cutlass, Aura A1 25G
(09-16-2014, 05:00 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Another fabulous review grip, DN readers are getting spoiled :p Yall don't forget to throw a +1 his way, these reviews are a ton of work! I knew you're review would make me want to buy these so I did a preemptive strike and ordered them. Too bad I ordered them with the DNA Gando 3's now I have to wait till they are released to get these in =\

LOL good one! You buying like a true addict now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(09-16-2014, 05:32 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: I think grip needs an infinti symbol where his rep is !

lol!

(09-16-2014, 05:42 PM)Jaredf Wrote: I really enjoy these darts but still can't quite get along with them like my Barney's =\.

Thanks for another stellar review!

Cheers Jared!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 289 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 377 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,374 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 897 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 1,012 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,110 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 999 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 451 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,837 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 907 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM