Target Darts.

Stalking Strategy for Cricket
Since there's been a bit of a run on Cricket questions, here's a link I found to a post by George Silberzhan

Stalking Strategy

It may have been posted before, and some may have seen it before, but I thought it gives some good insight into early game strategies.

And I love the closing comment:

Quote:I suggest you never make a shot selection based upon the fear of missing or what the opponent might do. Pick a shot selection based upon the game situation in which you find yourself at that moment. Having planned responses at the ready is the best way to play the game.
There is a difference between fear of missing and taking the difficulty of shot options into consideration. Fear is the result of “wobbly knees syndrome” and consideration is weighing probabilities.[/quote]
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

Excellent post take a plus 1 from me Bub!
That read seemed so detailed. A lot of thought went into it but it's just so impossible to talk cricket strategy. What we want to do and what we can actually hit are 2 different things.

Same goes for the threads I started. It's great to have a plan of action but when the game starts it rarely ever goes as planned. Ya just have to make up strategy on the fly.
Id compare it maybe to the way American football teams script their first x number of plays.

If I can go into a cricket match with almost a mental flowchart of "if this happens, then do this, but if this happens do this", hopefully it reduces the number of poor decisions Im going make at the oche. Then again, its all moot if Im not hitting marks.
Current Match Setup:

(09-13-2014, 09:11 PM)Beacon_Darts Wrote: Id compare it maybe to the way American football teams script their first x number of plays.

If I can go into a cricket match with almost a mental flowchart of "if this happens, then do this, but if this happens do this", hopefully it reduces the number of poor decisions Im going make at the oche. Then again, its all moot if Im not hitting marks.

Over thinking the game is bad for you. Just go up and throw...J.D.
(10-01-2014, 02:57 PM)jimdandy Wrote:
(09-13-2014, 09:11 PM)Beacon_Darts Wrote: Id compare it maybe to the way American football teams script their first x number of plays.

Over thinking the game is bad for you. Just go up and throw...J.D.

I agree, and thats sort of my point... going in prepared with a plan, even though like Cy said, plans change rapidly based on what we're not hitting, but stepping to the line knowing almost second nature what my game plan is should reduce the overthinking at the oche. I see guys in league that hit a trip 20 first dart, and then pause, almost thinking, "do i drop to 19, do I point?" That takes you out of rhythm I think.
Current Match Setup:

I have been playing lots of Cricket lately with my better half,,,playing soft tip on my Bullshooter board lets me handicap the match where she starts the game with 2 marks in every number 15-Bull,,,She just started playing darts a few months ago,,,,and could not hit the board with 3 darts,,,,,

Lately,,,,Now for my first turn at the board I find the 20's and 18's closed with zero score,,,It makes me shoot at 19's for points for a lead to work from,,,

Playing darts this way has made better players out of both of us,,,Her being a brand new player to the game and still being able to beat me now on a regular basis using this system=fun for her,,,lol

It makes me work at beating her,,,,making me hit shots and think about point spread,,,,,

Keep on aRockin',,,,,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIDO strategy? FordHam 15 2,210 10-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Last Post: TheSoulution
  How to throw a straighter dart: Strategy perspective BigE 3 1,440 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Cricket Strategy darwin1200 17 8,489 10-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Last Post: The HeartBreaker