Harrows Darts.

One80 Re-Flex Reactive 24g darts review

Video Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXGq5vyOEM&list=UUFOUzs58B7425JEDXkBLoGQ

Finally got round to reviewing these great little darts, phew!

Ok first things first if you don't already know it these are one of the models from One80 darts new Revolution range incorporating their new Re-Flex points. For more info click this link: One80 Revoloution Range There are 6 models in the range and this particular model is the Reactive 24g and there is a 20, 22 and 26 gram version. They new patented Re-Flex points are made from a very thin (1.5mm) specially formed metal that is very flexy but strong and has a number of advantages which I will talk about below.

They have an MSRP of £59.99 and are a 90% tungsten dart. They come in a neatly packaged box which has a slide out tray containing the darts with medium proplast stems fitted and an extra set of stems with stem rings and 2 sets of standard shape flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see from the above pics the barrels are a short Lowe style shape but they have a lovely micro style grip at the front and rear with a slightly grippier purist style grip in the middle. I would say its a high medium level of grip overall. Also I am not sure but these may be the first One80 darts I have seen with the One80 name etched on?

Dimensions:

Length:

As already stated they are only a short dart which I don't mind at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Width:

The barrels were thickest around the middle grip section and were a shade under 8mm:

Detailed dimensions:

Weight:

Darts were within 9 hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest so fairly close but its nothing I would notice, and the heaviest was 1.1 tenths above stated weight so very acceptable I think:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

Balance:

With nothing attached the balance was just a little front of centre:

With the supplied setup the balance moved right to the centre:

Balance with medium, short and extra short stems and standard flights:

My natural grip with these was close to the front but as they are a short dart they were ok gripping from the middle too:

Darts landed in my usual slightly tail up position:

Conclusion:

Well there is a lot I like about these darts but I want to talk about the new points first.

I think the points are really good, they seem to work perfectly and the advantages of the design as described on the box seem to have been validated with my testing.

The points are so thin they penetrate the board easily and seem to stick solid, yet the darts still flex out the way if hit with an incoming dart which has the advantage of absorbing the incoming darts energy and thus allowing it to increase its chance of hitting the board instead of deflecting away and potentially losing scoring points.

The darts do spring/twang a bit like soft tips but its not overly exaggerated and I never found it to be off putting, check out the video and especially the 6 darts slow mo and also the close up slow mo of the points hitting the board to see.

In normal play you see the darts twang for a second or 2 and that's it. I can see the very thin points been useful for hard boards too and to me it could be a great way to prolong your boards lifespan as I never noticed the holes when pulling the darts out which was impressive. The points remind me of sewing needles they are so thin!

The only disadvantage I can think of with the points is getting them replaced if you have a break, it could be awkward if it snaps inside the barrel but they do seem to be very strong and flexible so hopefully that wont happen.

Ok onto the barrels. These are a very nicely weighted and shaped dart for me, they feel comfortable in my fingers and I am a big fan of the lovely micro style grip at the front, it feels a touch grippier than some micro grips I have tried though. The middle grip overall felt a little grippier still and I was mostly on the micro grip with my thumb and finger and a little on the wider ring grip of the middle.

I found that the darts had a very nice flight and were nice and stable as they came set up, just suited my throw well.

I think if you like short darts then it probably does not matter too much if your a front, middle or rear gripper as I think they will suit all grips but they are probably especially suited to centre grippers the most as that's were the sweetest balance was.

Overall I really like these darts but I think the new points are what make them special! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (look fine)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (fairly close)
Quality: 8 (nice quality neatly packaged too)
Value: 7 (extra stems and flights are nice but would like em to be cheaper)
Suitability for me: 8 (very nice darts to throw with nice stable flight)

Best Feature: The Points are great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another awesome review Darren! Glad you like the new points!
Thanks Damien, yeah I think they are a great idea Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

the set i will get soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. great review grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

(09-02-2014, 05:02 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: the set i will get soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. great review grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah your getting some too, will look forward to your input also Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 dang it grip, another great review leaving me with a sudden urge to buy more darts!
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(09-02-2014, 05:08 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: +1 dang it grip, another great review leaving me with a sudden urge to buy more darts!

Thanks Nate, Sorry Nate lol!

Not sure about the black shiny background its a bit of a pig to photograph right, looks ok on some pics though.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review Gripo
Im still not sold on those tips, they go way to far in the board IMO, for one it wont help with the glue and the other is that when a 7.99mm dart is buried in the board up to the hilt it wont matter how flexy the tip is its not gonna move at that point only at the flight end. now thats where this tip would excell, for those times when you just touch a piece of flight it may move out the way but what about when you want to use the flight to guide ya arra in???

I think the tip needs more designing, they should go for the Harpoon shaped tips, this would allow relatively the same penetration as a traditional tip keeping the barrel further from the target thus not blocking it, also by not bedding as deep the tip should flex more and move out the way easier.

one80 can have that idea free of charge Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
(09-02-2014, 05:20 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: Good review Gripo
Im still not sold on those tips, they go way to far in the board IMO, for one it wont help with the glue and the other is that when a 7.99mm dart is buried in the board up to the hilt it wont matter how flexy the tip is its not gonna move at that point only at the flight end. now thats where this tip would excell, for those times when you just touch a piece of flight it may move out the way but what about when you want to use the flight to guide ya arra in???

I think the tip needs more designing, they should go for the Harpoon shaped tips, this would allow relatively the same penetration as a traditional tip keeping the barrel further from the target thus not blocking it, also by not bedding as deep the tip should flex more and move out the way easier.

one80 can have that idea free of charge Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1

Cheers G.

Not sure as the B4DC is a bit soft on the top layer and I sometimes see people with normal points bury their darts into the sisal and as normal points are thicker surely they would do more damage?

Also in the slow mo close up I think one of the darts is right into the front of the barrel but still moves when the incoming dart hits it.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thank you for great review, I like these darts, point are very clever.
(09-02-2014, 06:34 PM)Orange Man Wrote: Thank you for great review, I like these darts, point are very clever.

Welcome aboard, yeah they are nice darts, I think the new point is a great idea, will have to report back with an update on how I get on with it but cant see any issues so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Shocked 
(09-02-2014, 07:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 06:34 PM)Orange Man Wrote: Thank you for great review, I like these darts, point are very clever.

Welcome aboard, yeah they are nice darts, I think the new point is a great idea, will have to report back with an update on how I get on with it but cant see any issues so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well I have been using these points for a little while now, and I can honestly say I've noticed an improvement in my game. Don't get me wrong, as with anything, the dart itself (or point mainly in this case) obviously isn't going to turn you into a superstar overnight! But I definitely have more confidence aiming at the 1st or 2nd dart without the fear of hitting the target dart out of the board, or getting a bad deflection, you obviously still do get deflections off them but they are reduced in the fact of how far they deflect, many times clipping the barrel or flight which would surely have resulted in a deflection into the number/treble next door with a normal dart, but with these points have only deflected a couple of mm and still hit the target area. As well as that I've noticed far less bounce outs off wires too. All in all, as I said, obviously no dart is going to do all the work for you and all of a sudden make you a world class player, but in a game of very fine margins, I personally find that that extra little bit of help - even if it's only a mm or 2 - makes a big difference, especially to your mental confidence.

Just my 2 pence worth (or cents depending on where you are) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
great review thanks!
Cheers Jared Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always. I am interested in these reflex darts. I just can't seem to find a shape that may work for me, at least not yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Rebel 24g review 21/41 5 233 10-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Darty
  One80 R2 Reaim 25g review 21/41 6 255 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 18,768 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 - Scott Kirchner - 22g - Review vanJupp 10 1,184 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sowatt
  One80 - Nighthunter Sting - 24g - Review vanJupp 39 6,560 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,688 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  One80 - Thanawat 23g - Review vanJupp 12 1,787 11-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  One80 Chameleon Coral 24g Darts Review Getagrip 26 18,464 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Cutlass Review: The Rear Grippers Dream Dart Cankles of Fury 73 41,494 03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  One80 Regulator 20g darts review Ryk 4 1,818 03-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: 055