Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

One80 Swordedge Sabre 26g darts review

Vid review link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5VJU7TG2k&list=UUFOUzs58B7425JEDXkBLoGQ

I got these recently from Mad4darts.co.uk, link here: SABRE 26g They cost £42.99 but don't forget your 15% Darts Nutz members discount Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They are VHD tungsten which is Very High Density tungsten, I think that means 90% content. The darts come supplied in the One80 Solibox and are fitted with short Proplast stems and standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see the darts have a very strong grip design which is basically what the Swordedge range is marketed for, so if you like a high level grip then this is it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. The barrel shape is tapered front and back with the swordedge grip in the centre nicely nestled between 2 smooth bands so if your a centre gripper (which seems to be the aim of these) then it should be a quick way to locate your datum point of the barrel.

Dimensions:

The darts are a bit too long for me!

Width:

The centre section is the widest part:

Detailed Dimensions:

Weight:

Only 6 hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest darts and 2 are only 1 hundredth of a gram difference, and just 1.2 tenths over stated weight so pretty good match:

weight of full set up as supplied:

Balance:

The balance with nothing attached was just slightly front of centre:

with the supplied set up it was right in the centre on the swordedge grip:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short stems and standard flights:

My natural grip as usual is at the front but made the darts feel very tail heavy:

When I threw the darts from the centre they were landing tail up which was a bit of a surprise as I was expecting them to drop down a fair bit:

Conclusion:

The One80 darts always seem to be very nicely made to me and I really like the smooth transition from point to barrel, these darts have a very nice high quality feel about them which is good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see from the vid review though I did not get on too well with these darts, with my normal front grip the rear of the dart seemed to be very heavy and upon throwing it was as if the rear was leading first and the darts were flying sideways through the air.

Its not a fault of the darts obviously just a fact that long darts like these just don't suit me very well.

Then I tried throwing from the centre and it was much better in flight from that grip, but its not natural to me so still feels a bit weird throwing from there. I think if your a centre gripper who likes long darts then these should be perfect.

The grip is really good if you are after a high level grip in a dart and its very nicely machined.

Overall a very nicely made dart with great grip but one that does not suit me at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice looking)
Grip: 9 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 8.5 (nice quality)
Value: 7 (nice with the discount)
Suitability for me: 3.5 (Think the length and centre balance is the problem for me, more so the length)

Best Feature: Awesome grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Look like nice darts but that grip looks crazy sharp, not sure I would like such a high grip, thanks for the review.
(09-01-2014, 02:08 PM)Spooky Wrote: Look like nice darts but that grip looks crazy sharp, not sure I would like such a high grip, thanks for the review.

Hey Grip,

Thanks for the review, very detailed and informative as always!
(09-01-2014, 02:08 PM)Spooky Wrote: Look like nice darts but that grip looks crazy sharp, not sure I would like such a high grip, thanks for the review.

Welcome to the forum mate! Its very grippy but I would not say sharp, you wont cut yourself if that's what you mean?

(09-01-2014, 02:23 PM)Mad4Darts Wrote:

Hey Grip,

Thanks for the review, very detailed and informative as always!

Thanks Damien! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Ive owned these darts and they are really super, don't let the length throw ya off - thats why there's different length stems right! Grip likes stubbie wabies which suit him more but I tell ya this dart means business in the right hands ! Plus one Darren for the nice review.
(09-01-2014, 06:21 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Ive owned these darts and they are really super, don't let the length throw ya off - thats why there's different length stems right! Grip likes stubbie wabies which suit him more but I tell ya this dart means business in the right hands ! Plus one Darren for the nice review.

Wheres me +1 ya sneak! lol

They already come with short stems fitted, I think its more a combination of the barrel length and shape and a little of the weights effect that does not suit my front grip really.

Nothing wrong with the darts though, they are real quality darts just not suitable for me.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review once again!!! I usually have a bag of popcorn when I watch these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Since it's a bank holiday here in the colonies, plus one from me too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Good stuff.
Its there ya rep ho!!!!
Like he needs more rep points Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as awesome! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Nutz!

You know I'm an addict Pops, I like collecting, just the same with rep points LOL!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

grip -- STOP GOING REVIEWS-- thats another set on my want list
(09-02-2014, 09:04 AM)David Brady Wrote: grip -- STOP GOING REVIEWS-- thats another set on my want list

Best not look for a few weeks I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You want me to give you a temporary ban to help save you money lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Rebel 24g review 21/41 5 194 10-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Darty
  One80 R2 Reaim 25g review 21/41 6 224 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 18,629 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 - Scott Kirchner - 22g - Review vanJupp 10 1,146 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sowatt
  One80 - Nighthunter Sting - 24g - Review vanJupp 39 6,438 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,621 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  One80 - Thanawat 23g - Review vanJupp 12 1,752 11-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  One80 Chameleon Coral 24g Darts Review Getagrip 26 18,366 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Re-Flex Reactive 24g darts review Getagrip 42 23,589 06-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: GPage64
  One80 Cutlass Review: The Rear Grippers Dream Dart Cankles of Fury 73 41,235 03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one