Cuesoul

Most Popular Darts in History.
List your top 3 (if that's possible Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) favorite darts of all time, after a few weeks maybe we can start to gauge the most popular darts, certainly amongst the Darts Nutz, of all time!!!

I know some will have a hard time doing this as there have been so many incredible darts out there over the years but remember, its just for fun Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Whether its your favorite dart to play with, your opinion of the best looking, most well designed - just pick your top 3 - elaborate if you want Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here is mine:

1. Unicorn Phase 2 Purist

2. Grand Slam Triple B (Phantom Grip)

3. Unicorn Adrian Lewis (Tapered Nose)
Lowe
Tonmachine
Bristows
may all the doubles be with you

1 - the original Unicorn Silver Comets from 1937

2 - the new Chizzy Target darts launched this week - best looking darts I've seen in the flesh

3 - ain't got a clue what they are but my original darts from 1976/7 - can't throw them now but I used to be able to play properly back in the late 70's/early 80's - here's a crappy pic of them lol

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bristow's (harrows ringed )
Dragons
Hellfire
SO FAR !
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, black 36 mm Mission points points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
1 - Unicorn Purist
2 - One80 Sword Edge Stiletto
3 - Winmau Hi Impact
Darts - 24g ShowTime Destiny S/T
Dartboard - One80 Gladiator 2
Best 501 leg - 12 darts (30/10/2014)
Most Popular Darts in History.
1 Unicorn Adrian Lewis
2 Unicorn Taylor
3 Lately MvG darts

Top 3 Favorite Darts.
1 RvB Phase 4
2 Adrian Lewis Unicorn
3 Carrera C4/Jelle Klaasen Masterdarts
1) Taylor Phase 2 Purists
2) John Lowes
3) Eric Bristows

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
phase 5 (Phil Taylor)
John Lower 21 gram Golden
Phase 2 (Phil Taylor)

well really all the phase models from philip taylor where very populair !
Best looking

1. Chizzy pixel (from pics)
2. 9fives
3. MVG black

My fav

1. Mvg
2. 9fives
3. Hankeys
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

1. Data Dart Jocky Wilson ghost grip
2. Winmau Dennis Priestly
3. Unicorn phase 5

This is from my experience so far. No doubt in a year it will change but right now these are my three favourite.
I wonder if the major manufacturers would comment on their biggest selling darts of all time?

Might be worth shooting them off an email.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(08-09-2014, 02:29 AM)Dorian Wrote: I wonder if the major manufacturers would comment on their biggest selling darts of all time?

Might be worth shooting them off an email.

Cheers

Great idea. I contacted a long time online friend of mine over at Puredarts, (the one who gave me all the darts to give away) and asked what has been a couple of their best sellers for the last 15 years or so. Hope to hear something first of the week.
Have no clue as to the most popular darts in history, but as for my personal favorites:

Eric Bristow Power Points 23 gram
Piranah 23 gram
Harrows ICE in 25 gram

Tried my friends new Target 9fives and really like the way they feel in my hand and fly to the board. That may be my next purchase to add to the sets I already have. I'll throw them a bit more to see if it is just beginners luck, but I was hitting very well with them the last couple times I tried them.
Personal favorites:

Barney WC
Adrian Lewis silica
Purist phase 2 / wolframs
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Unicorn -Phil Taylor Phase 5
Unicorn - Silver Comets
Harrows - Eric Bristows

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Plumbata - Darts through history - Ancient Rome Ryk 6 416 10-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Ryk
  History question: Fansteel and Laserdarts Drum 2 334 03-25-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: bret23
  A piece of Singapore darting history will close its doors. LethalEagle 5 370 10-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: PAULCFC
  Transfer history Jason Awe 34 4,165 03-23-2020, 01:20 PM
Last Post: MarcTH
  From The Unicorn Oracle - Our History mc1958 8 847 06-02-2018, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Dodgee
  The history of Phil Taylor darts vanJupp 7 2,636 04-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Last Post: The G