Harrows Darts.

Tony Davids cure for Dartitis...
Tony Davids recommended cure for Dartitis and for tense throwing was given to him by none other than Phil Taylor. Its meant to free up the mind with relaxed throwing and free up the action with an abscence of repetitive throwing which can cause the mind to get in your way if your missing.
Here it is.....

Start with a board and a set of darts (if you own neither than im pretty sure its not Dartitis your suffering with).
The aim is to go around the board and hit all doubles from 1 to the cork.
HOWEVER, when throwing you get only the 1 dart at the lowest double. You can only move to the next double once the lowest double has been hit first.

eg - First set begins with 1 dart at 1D second at 2D and third at 3D. If you miss them all then you have to go at them again with your next set in the same order. Always using only the 1 dart at any given double. Should you miss 1D and 2D but hit 3D, then your next set is as follows. 1 dart at 1D second dart at 2D and third at 4D.
So on and so forth until you hit the centre bull.
Can be played with two players as a race to the bull but is more for practice.
***Very important that there is a rythm while throwing or at least no big panics or brain drains between darts***

For those who are using it as practice instead of Dartitis loosening, the rule applys that you have seven walks to the board. What ever you have hit is your last recorded score. Eg - You have 19, 20, B left then your score is 18 as it was the last double hit. If its 11, 19, 20 your score would be 17, etc etc.

Savvy?

The other option to Dartitis is start with your darts and your board and see how far down the road you can lob them before cursing and swearing off the game forever.

Your call.

Edit - Ive tried both with equal effect. :p

(08-08-2014, 05:07 AM)Atrain Wrote: Edit - Ive tried both with equal effect. :p

Interesting tips like this are always useful and beneficial especially so when coming from World Champions.
I go around the board in doubles but will add the low numbers twist from now on.

Thank you,

(Have a +1 for sharing)

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Sounds like a good routine and from the master himself so got to be good!

Thanks Aaron +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for sharing +1
Thanks for sharing.
isnt that one of the weekly challenge of this year..
is was made up for common doubles like 1 ,2, 4, 5, 8,10, 16, 20, RB
I'm not so called, a real darts nut!!
Thanks guys.
Not sure bout that one, this is simply hitting them all but with 1 dart at it each set until you hit it.

When you say Dartitis - are you referring to the "yips" - having a hard time releasing one dart or losing control of a dart?

When I hear the word, it means not being able to release it - as if there is a wall that stops you from being able to release the dart. I've had it before and it is the most frustrating affliction you can have.

My solution was to hold as many sets of darts in my non throwing hand and shoot each one as fast as I could, not worrying about hitting anything except the board. Do this over and over and over. Eventually, you will get back to releasing the dart naturally. Once you get your throw back, then you can go back to aiming at targets and fine tuning things.

Hope this helps!!
(08-08-2014, 08:44 PM)Nucky Wrote: When you say Dartitis - are you referring to the "yips" - having a hard time releasing one dart or losing control of a dart?

When I hear the word, it means not being able to release it - as if there is a wall that stops you from being able to release the dart. I've had it before and it is the most frustrating affliction you can have.

My solution was to hold as many sets of darts in my non throwing hand and shoot each one as fast as I could, not worrying about hitting anything except the board. Do this over and over and over. Eventually, you will get back to releasing the dart naturally. Once you get your throw back, then you can go back to aiming at targets and fine tuning things.

Hope this helps!!

Yeah thats what im reffering to nucky. The most common form is the not being able to release the dart. Closely followed by any skill and practice youve had over the years simply disappearing in a matter of one day. Its like youve never played before, you may aswell throw sunglasses at the board.

Its confidence crushing stuff.

It sure is. More like deconstructing your throw and starting all over again. Not fun at all. I've heard that some pros have had it and are still on the circuit. Truly amazing to go through such a thing and get back to where you were.
Bristow had it baaaad. As have many others.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Interesting, and it sounds like a good practice routine, but not sure how it would help with Dartitis. In addition I don't think Taylor has ever suffered with dartitis, so whilst I would happily use one of his practice routines, I'm not convinced he's the best person to advise on overcoming something that has never affected him.
Had it once long time ago. Cured it by counting as i threw the darts, e.g. count 1 aim , 2 pullback, and throw on 3. Main thing is just to get the mind to forget letting go and do it naturally....J.D.
(08-29-2014, 08:10 PM)jimdandy Wrote: Had it once long time ago. Cured it by counting as i threw the darts, e.g. count 1 aim , 2 pullback, and throw on 3. Main thing is just to get the mind to forget letting go and do it naturally....J.D.

sounds like what I did before hitting my first 180 years ago.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-08-2014, 08:44 PM)Nucky Wrote: When you say Dartitis - are you referring to the "yips" - having a hard time releasing one dart or losing control of a dart?

Hope this helps!!

This is exactly what i had to do when i had dartitis, at one point i was leaning so far forward trying to release the darts i was almost halfway down the oche, it's such a frustrating and horrible thing to go through and it almost made me quit playing altogether.
Not sure Taylor's routine would have any effect on dartitis as it seems to put pressure on the dart player to hit specific targets at a time when the player is at his/her worst and is having problems just releasing the dart and hitting the board.