Harrows Darts.

Elkadart Tornado 24g darts review

Here is a review of the Elkadart Tornado. They are 90% tungsten and retail for £18.99 they come in 20, 22, 24, 26 and 28 grams, I am reviewing the 24g version here. The come packaged in Elkadarts clamshell packaging and are supplied with a darts case, point protector, medium alloy stems fitted with rubber "O" rings and standard Elkadart Tornado flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see the barrels have a classic ringed knurl grip for most of the barrel with a smooth ring grip at the rear. Grip level is a medium.

Dimensions:

Length:

Just right length for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Width:

As you would expect from looking at them they are quite chunky on the knurl rings but that's fine with me.

Detailed Dimensions:

Weight:

The difference between the lightest and heaviest barrel was 2.5 tenths of a gram and 2 barrels were within 4 hundredths of a gram. I know its not a big deal as you are hardly likely to notice tenths of a gram difference but there you go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with supplied set up:

Balance:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

with the supplied set up the balance was still a touch front weighted:

Balance with my medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

My grip with these was on the knurl at the front and was nice and comfortable:

Darts landed in board with my usual angle:

Conclusion:

I was not quite sure what to expect of these darts to be honest. They reminded me a little of the Harrows Gyro and also a bit like the old Whitlock darts. I was very pleasantly surprised by the nice balance of them though, the darts seem to be weighted nicely for my front grip and they are the length that I often find works best for me.

I think my only issue is that when my hands got a little sweaty my grip seem to slip over the knurl grip, I think its a medium level grip anyway but I often notice this with knurl and I think the only way round it is when the rings are cut thinner and therefore provide a bit more edginess.

I think these darts will likely suit front and middle grippers best they have some grip on the rear but the balance felt best on the knurl.

I liked these, hit a couple of 140's with them in my first few throws and hit a few more since doing the vid review, no 180's yet, hopefully soon if my shoulder stops aching Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 6 (just a classic look, nothing too exciting)
Grip: 6 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 6.5 (2 barrels were close)
Quality: 7 (lost a point for above but: )
Value: 8 (good value)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (Tempted to give a 9 here as throw some good scores with them but slippiness of grip lost half a point)

Best Feature: Balance - very nicely balanced for my grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Darren do these darts slip a lot? You temnpt me to buy them, do you think that they will work well with my grip which is all along the barrel? Do you feel they are easy to control? Does Mike at infinity have them in stock?
Nope - I can tell they slippery- at least for me.
Good throwing Darren.
Grip, still the best dart reviewer on the net!
Nice looking classic dart, another big +1 from me grippo Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Another top quality review by ole' faithful!
+1 keep them coming!
(07-21-2014, 07:34 PM)Stevepredator Wrote: Darren do these darts slip a lot? You temnpt me to buy them, do you think that they will work well with my grip which is all along the barrel? Do you feel they are easy to control? Does Mike at infinity have them in stock?

I'm sure Mike will have them but not checked. I find it strange with knurling, some darts in the past have been fine I guess it depends how deep its cut but its only a problem for me when my hands get sweaty, it has been humid and warm lately so thats something to take into account. I think the price is low enough that they are worth a try. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-21-2014, 08:13 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Good throwing Darren.

thanks Pop!

(07-21-2014, 08:46 PM)redhedkev Wrote: Grip, still the best dart reviewer on the net!

lol cheers!

(07-21-2014, 08:53 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Nice looking classic dart, another big +1 from me grippo Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-21-2014, 10:06 PM)JayKay Wrote: Another top quality review by ole' faithful!
+1 keep them coming!

Cheers Jay, still got a few more to come Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-21-2014, 10:12 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 10:06 PM)JayKay Wrote: Another top quality review by ole' faithful!
+1 keep them coming!

Cheers Jay, still got a few more to come Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You must be running out of space to store all these darts! just send some my way, I have plenty of room :p
(07-21-2014, 10:14 PM)JayKay Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 10:12 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
+1 keep them coming!

You must be running out of space to store all these darts! just send some my way, I have plenty of room :p

Just as well darts are not bigger really lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review for an ugly dart. I hate knurling just does not work for me.
Great review as always.
Cheers!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-21-2014, 07:34 PM)Stevepredator Wrote: Darren do these darts slip a lot? You temnpt me to buy them, do you think that they will work well with my grip which is all along the barrel? Do you feel they are easy to control? Does Mike at infinity have them in stock?

Hi Steve

Yes we sell the Elkadart Tornados

Cheers
Mike

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elkadart reviewed darts index mc1958 0 1,056 12-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  One80 Tornado 24g darts review Getagrip 14 6,215 10-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Elkadart Titanium Gold 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 20,444 10-25-2016, 01:49 PM
  Elkadart Merlin 22g darts review Getagrip 14 5,950 10-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Fred-180
  Elkadart Retro Pin Up 23g darts review Getagrip 19 15,583 08-05-2016, 09:52 AM
  Elkadart Excalibur 24g darts review Getagrip 9 10,789 08-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: EastKentTom
  Elkadart Ultra Sonic 16g Soft Tip darts review Getagrip 13 7,666 08-30-2014, 10:20 PM
  Elkadart Black Titanium 24g darts review Getagrip 16 12,977 06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Elkadart 21 Gram Neptune Dart Review davidsproull 3 4,456 01-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Last Post: davidsproull