Target Darts.

unique combination shots
unique combination shots, the pictures do speak for themself !

i'm trying to avoid hard doubles ! that's why my shots are based to hit D20 D18 or D16

try it yourself the change hitting D20 D18 or D16 is much greater than hitting D11 for example !

finishes are 136 and 142

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I agree with trying to set up preferred outs and I also go different routes setting them up. But I have also see many legs messed up because of people trying to set up a particular out. My personal opinion is to always go for the percentage shot that will leave you on a double, not just the ones I like. For example if I'm left with 88 there's no way I'm going T16 to leave 40, T20 all the way for a D14. Even in a practice game I wouldn't do it because I would never do it in a tight match. Percentage wise it just makes more sense. Just my opinion Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-20-2014, 05:55 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: I agree with trying to set up preferred outs and I also go different routes setting them up. But I have also see many legs messed up because of people trying to set up a particular out. My personal opinion is to always go for the percentage shot that will leave you on a double, not just the ones I like. For example if I'm left with 88 there's no way I'm going T16 to leave 40, T20 all the way for a D14. Even in a practice game I wouldn't do it because I would never do it in a tight match. Percentage wise it just makes more sense. Just my opinion Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

yeah your right totally right, everyone need to find the best of both, but always worth a try leaving your best double, by the way that is a cracking shot 88 T16 D20 done it many times before !
Problem with t16 is if you hit a single... you have no dart at an out unless you hit another double or treble. If you go 20s... you have 18 bull.

You won't make it to the top playing 16s... I'm sorry.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-20-2014, 06:06 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: Problem with t16 is if you hit a single... you have no dart at an out unless you hit another double or treble. If you go 20s... you have 18 bull.

You won't make it to the top playing 16s... I'm sorry.

you won't make it to the top ? pretty sure you forgot i'm a professional player already sponsored by Unicorn Darts, now it's your turn again :crazy:
That's not the top bud. When you make top 5 PDC going 16s on 88. I'll give a written letter of apology.
-Milky

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to start an argument just putting in my opinion. With the 136 going T16-T16-D20 its a great out, but... if you hit T16-S16 you are now left with 72 and have to hit another treble to leave a 1 dart out. By going 20's if I hit T20-S20 by chance it leaves me with 56 so 16 to have 3 clear darts at 40 if I get another turn. Just my thought process, not saying that I'm right
(07-20-2014, 06:22 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: I'm sorry I wasn't trying to start an argument just putting in my opinion. With the 136 going T16-T16-D20 its a great out, but... if you hit T16-S16 you are now left with 72 and have to hit another treble to leave a 1 dart out. By going 20's if I hit T20-S20 by chance it leaves me with 56 so 16 to have 3 clear darts at 40 if I get another turn. Just my thought process, not saying that I'm right

I agreed with your way of thinking, sometimes it's better going the easy way and leave a bad double
(07-20-2014, 06:22 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: By going 20's if I hit T20-S20 by chance it leaves me with 56 so 16 to have 3 clear darts at 40 if I get another turn. Just my thought process, not saying that I'm right

You aren't saying it, but I sure am! We've had this discussion a lot lately... and there's a reason most pros go bull on 91... and there's a reason they go 20s on 80. It frustrates me that some people have all this skill, but they don't play the percentages and give away matches.

At least I give away matches because of lack of skill, not because of poor strategy.

I feel the title and gist of this thread are full of poor advice. No one should ever be encouraged to go a low percentage way to hit a preferred double. I've learned this over and over at the board.
-Milky

I see the benifits of going 16s but id rather leave a any double the cut and slice you aim for T20 throughout the majority of legs so theres got to be a higher percentage chance of hitting that over the 16. I donr get it when people aim for 16s 3 darts in hand for 80 you gotta play the percentage shots surely

Darts - Phase 5 lp edition, Sigma titanium slikstiks and custom Kite flights

Best 501 - (practice) 14 darts (competitive) 14 darts (WDA) 19 darts

High out - (practice) 170 (competitive) 106 (WDA) 110
See.. I used to argue that on 52 it was fine to go 20s. Until I busted with a 60 and lost a league match on the next turn. One of only 4 matches I lost all season, including playoffs. I should have had 2 darts at tops... but I went the risky way and I lost. I used to argue with Cyanide about this... but after that, he was 100% right and his almighty wisdom should never be brushed aside!
-Milky

I suppose its how confident you are I have bust many scores like this but now ill almost aim for the D20 if I go 52 but each scenario is different how would you go 90 3 darts in hand? I go 20s

I agree... 20s on 90. Same situation... it leaves a shot at bull with 2 fat 20s. And with 90 left with 1 dart in hand... I'd go bull.
-Milky

Im with you milky my 2 dart out shots differ from 3 like 88 3 darts id go 20 first dart with 2 darts I may go for 16s depends how im playing

Shouldn't you practice hitting Double 1 instead? LOL!!!