Harrows Darts.

Target Carrera Azzurri Volare 17g Soft Tip darts review

I got these a few months ago now from Puredarts.co.uk for £45 you can see them on there site here: Azzurri Volare 17g I don't have a soft tip board but the look of these darts got me interested, I know I know I am very shallow and easily swayed by something sexy looking Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You can win these in our Matchplay Comp here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=6815&pid=99443#pid99443

From my limited knowledge of language I think Azzurri Volare means to fly blue or something like that in Italian, I guess that's where the Blue Pixel grip comes in Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts are packaged in a neat box and nicely organised into the plastic tray but no case is included just the 3 90% tungsten Azzurri Volare barrels the Target Carrera Vision flights, tweenie Pro Grip shafts and just 3 soft tips and a point holder. It says they are Italian Soft Tips, I don't know if that is a specific brand or just a name but they have 180 written on them?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see they are quite a sexy looking dart but a short barrel with most of the pixel grip on the rear and also a mini/micro shark style grip on the very rear of the barrel. The grip is grippiest at the rear and probably a medium grip.

Dimensions:

Length:

As I said the barrels are short:

Width:

The middle section around the name is thickest:

Weight:

There is one barrel that was exactly 17g and just 5 hundredths difference between lightest and heaviest so closely matched:

The weight of the full setup as supplied:

Balance:

There is not much difference with point on or off it is slightly to the front but the barrel was hollowed out quite deep on both ends so the bulk of the weight is round that middle bulge as you would expect:

Balance was pretty much central with the supplied setup:

Balance with medium, short and extra short nylons and standard flights:

When I came to throw the darts I actually changed my grip a little and moved my thumb a little closer to the middle, mainly because the points are short and I needed to get my grip comfy by resting my third finger on the point as best I could:

Darts landed quite flat in the board:

Conclusion:

As with a lot of darts and my shallow nature I was attracted to these by the looks, I don't play soft tip as I don't have a board but I got these before the Taylor Targets were even a rumour and loved the blue pixels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I am always up for trying something different so the very light weight was something I knew would be a change but was happy to give it a go. Surprisingly though it is not the weight of the darts that I found a problem but the fact I could not get quite comfortable with gripping the dart. I think a combination of the short barrel the short points and to some extent the shape meant I could not quite hold it in my normal 4 finger grip with my third finger resting on the point. I did try to compromise and move my thumb a little up the barrel and it sort of worked.

What is very nice about these little darts is that they do have a nice flight and seem to be well balanced but I found that gripping on the rear pixel grip (something I cant get used to throwing with) seemed to be the sweet spot but its a pity its not a grip I use. I think these will make a great dart for rear grippers but they don't quite suit my grip.

The darts look great and are very nicely made, the grip is not as edgy as the pixels on the Taylor darts I just reviewed, I kind of find that strange but on comparing the two the pixels on these look a little narrower?

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (look great)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 8 (seems nice quality)
Value: 7 (Would be nice to get a case or more tips)
Suitability for me: 6 (nice balance but could not get a comfy grip)

Best Feature: Balance is nice if you have the right grip, still flies throw the air nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

very nice review grip.
would like to give this dart a throw
Italian soft tips are 'target brand' 21mm w/o threads
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

Nice looking darts. Great review as always.
NICE DARTS!!!!
Nice review as always!
Grip has been on it lately! Great review! +1

Ive always loved the look of these dates, one of my favorites of all time as far as that goes.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Beautiful...cons: soft tip (yeah yeah conversion points) too light
But other than that excellent review as always Darren
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

(07-18-2014, 09:02 AM)david the Spartan Wrote: Beautiful...cons: soft tip (yeah yeah conversion points) too light

I wanted to try them with the conversion points I had but I cant find where I put them lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

nice review! Those sure are some purdy darts.
(10-21-2014, 01:10 PM)mikeybullz Wrote: nice review! Those sure are some purdy darts.

Thanks Mikey Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

beautiful darts Darren! Im a sucker for carrera darts and have been wanting the Volare for awhile! great review, just makes me want them more!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers I think it was Kalaben who won these in a comp Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-18-2014, 09:02 AM)david the Spartan Wrote: Beautiful...cons: soft tip (yeah yeah conversion points) too light

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. how things change!
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 266 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 364 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,329 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 874 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 993 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,095 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 972 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 435 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,773 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 862 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM