Unicorn

Front Weighted Straight Barrel?
I like holding the darts at the front near the point.
Therefore I assume I like front weighted darts (or is that a wrong assumption? ).

The problem is that at the same time, I really like straight barrel!

Are there front weighted straight barrel darts?
If so, can you make some suggestions?

Please no razor grip or knurl.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I hold at the front and I generally like a front weighted dart, but there is players who hold at the front who use straight barrel darts so nothing is set in stone and I have played with a few straight barrel sets that I really like too.

Bob Anderson, Gary Anderson, Barney all have a front grip and use straight barrels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A lot can depend how you throw the dart regardless of where you grip it and how you release it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd recommend you try a silver Hankey dart. While not completely straight it's pretty close.
(05-28-2014, 02:54 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I hold at the front and I generally like a front weighted dart, but there is players who hold at the front who use straight barrel darts so nothing is set in stone and I have played with a few straight barrel sets that I really like too.

Bob Anderson, Gary Anderson, Barney all have a front grip and use straight barrels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A lot can depend how you throw the dart regardless of where you grip it and how you release it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think I understand what you are saying: some people prefer to hold the dart in the front despite how the weight is spread out?

You mentioned Gary Anderson's straight barrel. Are they front weighted? Or are the weight evenly distributed but Ando just holds it at the front?

I am currently looking at Scott Waites' darts. I wonder if they are for me because the set has a grip at the front. What do you think?

You have any front weighted darts recommendation for me?
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've just got a set of Hankeys, they are indeed front weighted and almost straight. They fly pretty good for me.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I would say winmau ton machines are front weighted
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

My hankeys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

What weight do you prefer?

I find that the length of the barrels are something that has as much affect on my throw as anything, but some people can throw long barrels with a front grip too. But I would experiment a little and go for a straight barrel that's around 48mm then if you like the feel of the straight barrel and still want something that is more balanced to the front you could always try a heavier/longer barrel and get the barrels modified, i.e. get some of the barrel drilled out so it is more front weighted.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-28-2014, 03:43 PM)NylonRaider Wrote: I've just got a set of Hankeys, they are indeed front weighted and almost straight. They fly pretty good for me.

I had a set of Terry Jenkins before and find that I prefer something with grip for that sense of security! Thanks for the suggestion.

(05-28-2014, 03:43 PM)david the Spartan Wrote: I would say winmau ton machines are front weighted

It looks even ... how much is the back drilled out, david?

(05-28-2014, 03:48 PM)Getagrip Wrote: What weight do you prefer?

I find that the length of the barrels are something that has as much affect on my throw as anything, but some people can throw long barrels with a front grip too. But I would experiment a little and go for a straight barrel that's around 48mm then if you like the feel of the straight barrel and still want something that is more balanced to the front you could always try a heavier/longer barrel and get the barrels modified, i.e. get some of the barrel drilled out so it is more front weighted.

My preferred weight is 20g to 22g.

You are spot on with the length.

I bought a set of colin lloyd's darts (around 49mm straight). And I ended up having to grip 4/5 of the barrel near the back (i had a short stem setup). It was difficult for me to throw.

So that's the reason why I am wondering whether Scott Waites/Anderson/Ton Machine are for me or not...or any of your guy's suggestions. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Problem is that I live in Canada and drilling out is not really an option sadly Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-28-2014, 04:20 PM)Mr.K Wrote: I had a set of Terry Jenkins before and find that I prefer something with grip for that sense of security! Thanks for the suggestion.

The grip on the Hankey's is NOTHING like the Jenkins at all. Don't let the smoothness fool you. That's why so many player's are surprised by the level of grip Hankey's offer. But yeah, nothing like a Jenks dart.
There is always the Darts Nutz dart which should be coming soon, it will have a mini shark style grip and will be straight barrelled and 24g at 48mm, I could ask if they could drill some out the back of a set and try to get it around 22 for you?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-28-2014, 04:27 PM)Getagrip Wrote: There is always the Darts Nutz dart which should be coming soon, it will have a mini shark style grip and will be straight barrelled and 24g at 48mm, I could ask if they could drill some out the back of a set and try to get it around 22 for you?

Sorry, i am thinking about ordering within today which is the reason why i ask for recommendations Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dartsnutz dart!, Dartnutz dart!, did someone say Dartnutz dart?, where?, where? is it ready yet? LOL
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Take a look at the Elkadart Titanium series of darts. They are only slightly front weighted and nearly a straight barrel. I didn't think I would get along with a near straight barrel but I am loving my Elkas.