Unicorn

Show Us Your Out Shots!
(11-12-2021, 02:47 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Try again thats not a 101

And here lies one of my biggest issues! I realised I needed 24 to finish after the the 20 and 57 I went D14 instead of D12

Anyway, it’s a fine example of a 105 out shot
[attachment=22413]I like seeing all those D14s.  I think it may be my favorite double.

I just got a new set of Shot Zen Budo 26g in the mail on Monday.  Didn't try the supplied shafts and flights, but started experimenting with Fit shafts and flights right away.  First dart I threw was a T20.  Oh, I thought, I think I like these darts.  They're 80% W, shorter (38.1mm?) and fatter (9.15mm) than anything else I throw.  The weight spread is just 0.04 g, from 25.92 g to 25.96 g.  The setup I wound up with uses the #3 Fit slender shafts and Fit Flight Air kites, which weighs 1.04g, bringing the total weight to 27 g (and 26.96 g for the odd dart out).

I did pretty well throwing with that setup the second day, and eventually gave myself outs to throw.  The last one I made up for myself was 117.  The first dart was off the mark more than I'd like, a single rather than a T20, but the next two were right there, a T19 and a double bull.

And afterward, of course, I realized I'd taken out 127, not 117.  

Pretty funny.  I mean, it was just a practice out, not in a game.  And I did hit what I was throwing at, right, even if the last dart should have been double top?  

Anyway, I like these pudgy Zen Budo darts.  A lot.

So here's a photo of the 117, er,  127 out:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-17-2021, 04:09 PM)grey goat Wrote: I like seeing all those D14s.  I think it may be my favorite double.

I just got a new set of Shot Zen Budo 26g in the mail on Monday.  Didn't try the supplied shafts and flights, but started experimenting with Fit shafts and flights right away.  First dart I threw was a T20.  Oh, I thought, I think I like these darts.  They're 80% W, shorter (38.1mm?) and fatter (9.15mm) than anything else I throw.  The weight spread is just 0.04 g, from 25.92 g to 25.96 g.  The setup I wound up with uses the #3 Fit slender shafts and Fit Flight Air kites, which weighs 1.04g, bringing the total weight to 27 g (and 26.96 g for the odd dart out).

I did pretty well throwing with that setup the second day, and eventually gave myself outs to throw.  The last one I made up for myself was 117.  The first dart was off the mark more than I'd like, a single rather than a T20, but the next two were right there, a T19 and a double bull.

And afterward, of course, I realized I'd taken out 127, not 117.  

Pretty funny.  I mean, it was just a practice out, not in a game.  And I did hit what I was throwing at, right, even if the last dart should have been double top?  

Anyway, I like these pudgy Zen Budo darts.  A lot.

So here's a photo of the 117, er,  127 out:

I’m glad I’m not the only one miscounting/going for the wrong doubles.

Hit a 103 today similar to my 101 (which wasn’t 101 above). And I’ve checked this one a few times and I’m sure it’s 103

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)Westy182 Wrote: I’m glad I’m not the only one miscounting/going for the wrong doubles.

Hit a 103 today similar to my 101 (which wasn’t 101 above). And I’ve checked this one a few times and I’m sure it’s 103
Nope, you're not alone, Westy!

And, yes, that looks like a 103 to me!
RE wrong doubles. . . .

I remember seeing a youtube video of MVG playing in a charity doubles tournament; he and another pro each had a novice player on their team, and they were constantly giving suggestions to these novice partners.  Then MVG stepped to the line and took out whatever his team had left . . . except that, even as he did it, I thought, no, that's not right . . . and sure enough, he'd gone over the remainder by throwing at the wrong double!  

He was celebrating one moment, then incredulous the next, but almost immediately started laughing, along with everyone else (except, perhaps, the novices who may not have understood what was happening).  It was pretty funny.

So, Westy, it's you, me, and MVG.  And, I'm sure, close to 99.9% of every other darts player out there. . . .
(11-18-2021, 07:16 PM)grey goat Wrote: RE wrong doubles. . . .

I remember seeing a youtube video of MVG playing in a charity doubles tournament; he and another pro each had a novice player on their team, and they were constantly giving suggestions to these novice partners.  Then MVG stepped to the line and took out whatever his team had left . . . except that, even as he did it, I thought, no, that's not right . . . and sure enough, he'd gone over the remainder by throwing at the wrong double!  

He was celebrating one moment, then incredulous the next, but almost immediately started laughing, along with everyone else (except, perhaps, the novices who may not have understood what was happening).  It was pretty funny.

So, Westy, it's you, me, and MVG.  And, I'm sure, close to 99.9% of every other darts player out there. . . .

Great story. The worst part about it is I double checked it before posting on this public forum, and still got it wrong
Figured I'd post this 164 as it was for a 12 dart leg.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sweet!
Hit this 56 out tonight.
The plan was 16-40. Hit D7 leaving 42. Threw at 10, hit D10 leaving 22. Somehow pegged D11 to finish.

WoodGuy Wrote:Hit this 56 out tonight. 
The plan was 16-40.  Hit D7 leaving 42.  Threw at 10, hit D10 leaving 22.  Somehow pegged D11 to finish.

Nice exhibition shot! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Always good to be able to make a "Save".

I hit this 116 finish yesterday.Went for 60-single 20-D18.Overshot the single 20 into a double but luckily it left D8.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show Us Your Whoops Shots! Getagrip 588 173,370 11-28-2021, 12:42 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Show your Kids best Shots! :) DeAngelo73 16 1,560 09-20-2020, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Shots 902 Series 4 Ray863 4 540 01-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Ray863