Cuesoul

Best Advice.... and worst!
Lightbulb 
I thought there was a similar thread here a while ago - may have been on the old forum - anyway a quick question for you all:

What is the best darting advice you have been given over the years...... and also whats the worst?

:goldcup: For me the best advice I was given as a young sprat was the importance of the follow through, without that you will, more often than not, snatch or pull your darts.

:assclown: The worst, single most damaging bit of advice I have ever been given was to slow down - after joining a new team the captain first praised me on my ability, but then put a cog in the works by saying I should slow down as I throw too fast.
So feeling the need to heed the captains advice to stay in the team I slowed right down, and with that my game was shot to pieces.
I guess I am naturally a faster thrower and slowing down allows me to much time to think (more negative than positive for me) and ultimately ruins my game.

Advice is a great thing, a gift passed from one player to another, free of charge - but be aware that all advice is not good advice for every player - choose which tips and advice may suit you, the rest, ah fuhgeddaboudit! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I used to throw quickly. I slowed it down just a hair. I still am not slow, but I definitely take a little bit more time when switching targets than I used to.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-18-2014, 05:51 PM)REBEL Wrote: :goldcup: For me the best advice I was given as a young sprat was the importance of the follow through, without that you will, more often than not, snatch or pull your darts.
This would explain my buckshot darts yesterday. I have a pinched nerve in my neck that was bothering my right shoulder yesterday. I couldn't really extend my arm without feeling it.

I hate to make excuses so I didn't mention it... but I am sure it explains the tons of pulls I had. I hit so many 5s and 12s. it was rough
-Milky

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I was a C league player for my first season, the next season I got picked up by the reigning champions of A division the 3 years prior. Well the first season on my new team (Armed & Hammered) my captain would always shout out to me while I was at the oche. It always messed me up. About six months later another teammate advised me to ignore his comments and play my own game and he would eventually stop. Best advice ever.

Worst advice.
You have to buy some hammerheads.

Best advice: Don't think about your form.

Worst advice: "you're doing this wrong"
-Milky

(04-18-2014, 06:15 PM)Slacker180 Wrote: I was a C league player for my first season, the next season I got picked up by the reigning champions of A division the 3 years prior. Well the first season on my new team (Armed & Hammered) my captain would always shout out to me while I was at the oche. It always messed me up. About six months later another teammate advised me to ignore his comments and play my own game and he would eventually stop. Best advice ever.

Worst advice.
You have to buy some hammerheads.

The shouting of 'advice' is a major issue with my team at the moment - so much so, as posted elsewhere, I am going to try earplugs next season.

I tried explaining that it puts me off but it falls on deaf ears with the seasoned 'experts'.

Ear plugs and a Big Cliff Lazerenkoesque middle finger as of next season for me.... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Best early advice -- stand still.

Best advice a bit later on -- learn your outs.

Worst advice -- anything pertaining to my dominant left eye other than "ignore it."
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Best advice - 'relax', simple but I can get tense without knowing, when I relax they go in effortlessly.

Worst advice - an old bloke at the club told me to draw the dart back to my shoulder when I normally bring it to the side of my mouth, needless to say it didn't work and I quickly changed back!
Best advice - Daz leave those darts alone

Worst advice - You should take up darts Daz.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

Follow through- best

buy power points
look where your throwing and throw where your looking (bobby george)

worst advice
use your dominant eye (wtf i aint no cyclops) lol
Darts used.  . . Gary anderson phase 3 25g /23g Scott waites. 
Best advice - Reading all the advice on the forums here and trying those which fits your play style.

Worst advice - Taking advice from the one who gives advice after a 12 pack of beer! :beerglug:
I don't think anyone has given me advice directly but I have seeked it out on line and would say the best advice I found was the info about developing a consistent rhythm.

not sure what the worse advice is, but I do find there is times when things get too involved which can cause over thinking and in turn ruin your technique.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Best advice: join wda and get a set of tungsten (was using brass at the time)

Worst advice: not been given any as of yet (I seek my advice from this forum good job guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

(04-18-2014, 05:51 PM)REBEL Wrote: I thought there was a similar thread here a while ago - may have been on the old forum - anyway a quick question for you all:

What is the best darting advice you have been given over the years...... and also whats the worst?

:goldcup: For me the best advice I was given as a young sprat was the importance of the follow through, without that you will, more often than not, snatch or pull your darts.

:assclown: The worst, single most damaging bit of advice I have ever been given was to slow down - after joining a new team the captain first praised me on my ability, but then put a cog in the works by saying I should slow down as I throw too fast.
So feeling the need to heed the captains advice to stay in the team I slowed right down, and with that my game was shot to pieces.
I guess I am naturally a faster thrower and slowing down allows me to much time to think (more negative than positive for me) and ultimately ruins my game.

Advice is a great thing, a gift passed from one player to another, free of charge - but be aware that all advice is not good advice for every player - choose which tips and advice may suit you, the rest, ah fuhgeddaboudit! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That right there is probably the best advice I have ever heard.

The worst is " maybe you shouldn't drink so much"
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's