Target Darts.

Poll: What do you play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Soft tip
12.50%
6 12.50%
Steel tip
64.58%
31 64.58%
Both
22.92%
11 22.92%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Soft tip Darts or Steel tip darts - Poll
What do you play? Im curious how many people are involved with soft tip / steel tip how big a game is it in the place you live?
I only play steel tip. If a soft tip league starts up I will definitely join it though.
just steel but I have thrown soft tips at my steel tip board but never played on a real soft tip board
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
There should be a third option: BOTH
(04-17-2014, 10:22 PM)majeek Wrote: There should be a third option: BOTH

Now there is Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I don't know really what made me want to know this. I know soft tip is big in the US and Japan now but to what extent?
I grew up playing steel tip. My points were steel but the darts were Widdies. Yep, American darts. Sometime around high school my sister bought us a regular dart board and I started playing 501 with the family.

When I was older I moved to a place that only had soft tip. So I played that as there was no other option. I tried to like soft tip but I could just never get into it. Don't get me wrong, the money in the USA was incredible. But I just never cared for cricket.

Now I just stay home and play steel tip 501. It's the only game that really motivates me.
just steel never tried soft Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I play both, quite common were I live
Just steel, but would love to give soft tip a go on a proper board
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

i like steel tip my self. I would play soft tip if it was available as I just like to play darts.
Shoot well and often
Shoot well and often
Both for me.
Over here it's basically almost totally converted to 99.999% soft. The latest I recall, there are over 80 pubs and cafes here with soft tip machines and that's just within 31 x 16 miles or 275.8 sq miles, and IIRC a grand total of 10 sisal boards. I suspect there will be more soft tip joints opening. We used to be all steeltip before. I think an accordingly high percentage of leagues are also geared to soft tip now.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I voted both. I much prefer steel, but won't turn down a soft tip game if its the only thing going. Luckily the leagues around here are all steel tip.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I've always wanted to play soft tip. I had a soft tip board when I was like 8 but didn't really get much use out of it with a mixture of no one to play and just not being that interested in 'kiddie' darts as that's what my mam and dad said it was haha
I change mine back to soft tip. It's all that's available where I moved too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your dart throw poll 302help 2 322 05-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  soft vs steel Eso Rimmer 24 1,324 11-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Darts Throwing comparing - Japanese Soft style throwing vs Steel Style throwing jayouloun 41 12,210 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  How to manage weight difference between steel and soft darts? Che-Min Tsai 11 1,031 04-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Last Post: BDG
  Throwing steel and soft *Saber* 3 419 04-14-2019, 06:44 AM
Last Post: MariusOveras
  Steel ot soft tip darts...? Michael Hobson 22 1,012 02-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Soft or Steel Kmanchizh 11 666 01-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  A poll about this forum uncle poop 89 31,023 12-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Is there a "What weight darts do you throw" poll? Greener 17 4,050 07-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Last Post: puddin
  Do I need more Darts ? "Poll" The G 20 1,258 07-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip