Harrows Darts.

What is going on? with my throw...
So I noticed the other night at our open dart night. I may have some fatigue issues or maybe something altogether different. I usually show up to open dart night about a half hour or so before everyone else. I like to warm up and grab a bite to eat. So this past tuesday I did just that. I was hitting pretty good and was a bit excited to play that night, it should be a good night I thought. My team's first match I did well so did my partner. Our next match I fell apart, my partner did as well but that is because she is there more to socialize than to play so the drink was getting to her. I expected this when playing as her partner I was hoping that my earlier game play would have carried throughout the night. Alas it did not.

Last night Viper and I had our DODL match. I opted to only throw a few darts to eye in and not do my normal warm up. I played the best darts I have ever played the first 3 legs. I even went with back to back tons and had a couple of 140's. For me this is unheard of. But then my normal play took over and I couldn't hit over 40. My normal 7's, 26's and 11's came back to haunt me.

For DODL I expect to get blown out. With the skills of the players and my inconsistency it is inevitable I will lose. It's not a big deal to me I am having fun and I hope to learn a few things watching everyone else play.

I just need to figure out what is causing this inconsistency. I do have some health issues that make me lethargic and tired. Maybe my arm is getting tired even though it doesn't feel tired? I would just love to carry that early game play all the way to the end of the match. I am finally going to go to league again tonight I do not plan on warming up too much I hope I can carry my game throughout most of the night. With only 4 games to play I hope I will do good in all.

Any ideas guys? Maybe something I should try to work on? I have been practicing more and more and for at least an hour straight. I hardly take any breaks and just keep hammering at the board. I figure the only way I can fix any arm fatigue problems is just playing as much and as long as I can.
Interesting - I say take a break for a day maybe two - I bet when you where throwing well u weren't thinking just throwing. The mental side is brutal.
yep brutal as hell, been in a slump for a couple of months now (getting snatchy), last two weeks starting to find form (more consistent, smooth throw, not over correcting throws), went to darts last night feeling great, warmup was good, game on and PUSS, played with my head all night, kicking myself over it. Darts suck, im actualy getting worse lol
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
Dirty ya thinking way too much- follow through-relax -focus- relax-relax-relax did I say relax! when I'm throwing badly its because I think way too much and am snatching me darts- oh relax!
You guys have Georges book Darts beginning to end? Its the dart Bible IMO and addresses all these problems. Its the most important piece of my darts equipment period. When I have a problem I reread the section on that and wham ! problem solved.
When I get some money again I want to get George's book. Right now I got to survive another month or two and I will have a roommate. Then it will be just a matter of catching up on bills.
I know what you mean Larry and your right, But as soon as you throw a couple of low scores i.e. 41 45, you have 5 twits on your back yelling RELAXE!!!! RELAXE!!! RELAXE!!! bloody nerve wracking.
(03-20-2014, 01:29 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Interesting - I say take a break for a day maybe two - I bet when you where throwing well u weren't thinking just throwing. The mental side is brutal.

The old man is right. The game is 90% mental.
Sounds like you and your five twits all need to drink another "relaxative."
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(03-20-2014, 02:28 PM)USMC80 Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 01:29 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Interesting - I say take a break for a day maybe two - I bet when you where throwing well u weren't thinking just throwing. The mental side is brutal.

The old man is right. The game is 90% mental.

Thanks Mac!
(03-20-2014, 02:04 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: I know what you mean Larry and your right, But as soon as you throw a couple of low scores i.e. 41 45, you have 5 twits on your back yelling RELAXE!!!! RELAXE!!! RELAXE!!! bloody nerve wracking.

Lol low scores 41's and 45's, I wish I could average that when I play.

I know what you mean about the relax thing. Tuesday night I was playing and started to throw crap. The girls were all like calm down relax and blah blah blah. I snapped and just yelled at them to stop saying that stuff since it just makes me angrier.

Lately I have been overly stressed and not throwing well (even for me) and having these women harping at me about calming down just made me snap. At one point I asked if anyone in the bar was, let's just say doing something sexual to me. When no one answered I told them then to shut up cause their opinion on how I should act means nothing.
hahahaha
Ive actually stepped off the Oche , take a drink and run to the restroom come back and shoot ( all within the time allowed of course). I do a little thing before my match with an opponent after the fist bump I say shoot well but not that well with a smile! It throws some folks off straight away.
(03-20-2014, 02:35 PM)uncle poop Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 02:04 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: I know what you mean Larry and your right, But as soon as you throw a couple of low scores i.e. 41 45, you have 5 twits on your back yelling RELAXE!!!! RELAXE!!! RELAXE!!! bloody nerve wracking.

Lol low scores 41's and 45's, I wish I could average that when I play.

I know what you mean about the relax thing. Tuesday night I was playing and started to throw crap. The girls were all like calm down relax and blah blah blah. I snapped and just yelled at them to stop saying that stuff since it just makes me angrier.

Lately I have been overly stressed and not throwing well (even for me) and having these women harping at me about calming down just made me snap. At one point I asked if anyone in the bar was, let's just say doing something sexual to me. When no one answered I told them then to shut up cause their opinion on how I should act means nothing.

SNAP!!! lol
Can be all kinds of reasons that can cause a slump, sometimes you may have other stresses' away from darts that is causing tension in your throw, sometimes it can be your thinking about it too much so lose the flow and rhythm. I think its best to have a little break then try again.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.