Harrows Darts.

Am I throwing too hard?
I am a new dart player throwing 22g tungsten darts on a Blade 4 board at standard distance. I notice that the point of the dart nearly always goes right into the board with only the barrel showing. At first I thought it was just because the dart points were VERY sharp when I first bought them, even though they were second hand. The darts have now lost their sharpness, but still the points disappear into the board. The board was brand new. It's not a dual core, just a regular blade 4. Am I throwing too hard? I tried loosening my throw, but it feels unnatural....
Whatever feels comfortable. Dont change the way you throw just because the points go in deep. If you really want (but unnecessary) you could get longer points fitted to your darts to keep them sticking out a fair but. Alot of pros throw fairly hard. Whitlock, van gerwen, bunting etc etc
I've got a brand new Blade 4 like yours, and I've got a fairly flat throw so the darts pretty much go straight in. Compared to the couple other boards I've had (not Winmau) the darts do seem to sink in a bit deeper. I'd say don't worry about it. And certainly don't mess with your natural throw.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it is likely your natural throw.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You are fine. I throw light and my points go in about 3/4 of the way in. I also have a Blade4. I would only lighten my throw if it might be throwing the dart off the mark. I tend to throw all over the board when I throw hard.
How long are you points?
(03-14-2014, 08:18 PM)Eslotes Wrote: How long are you points?

My darts are the union flag flight ones, my son uses the others. I have not measured the points yet, but from what I can see, they don't look like short ones.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

28mm?
As long as you can repeat it, and it doesn't hurt... no.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
stop thinking - that will get ya in trouble quick - just throw!
(03-14-2014, 09:40 PM)*Saber* Wrote: stop thinking - that will get ya in trouble quick - just throw!

Unless what you're thinking is "... maybe I should let him finish chalking."

Sorry -- near miss last night.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

probably just a soft board
(03-14-2014, 07:51 PM)solan goose Wrote: I am a new dart player throwing 22g tungsten darts on a Blade 4 board at standard distance. I notice that the point of the dart nearly always goes right into the board with only the barrel showing. At first I thought it was just because the dart points were VERY sharp when I first bought them, even though they were second hand. The darts have now lost their sharpness, but still the points disappear into the board. The board was brand new. It's not a dual core, just a regular blade 4. Am I throwing too hard? I tried loosening my throw, but it feels unnatural....

My darts go in a good way on my blade4. When I play on pub board, barely go in, so I'd say its just the board.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

bumpo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwing too hard? MitchWardle 15 4,050 04-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bighurb