Target Darts.

Dart eye alignment
Hello, I am not sure where the dart should be in relation to my line of sight! Currently I am throwing with the dart slightly to the right of my dominant eye which feels comfortable but I am wondering wether I will ever throw consistently if I continue or wether I need to adjust this part of my game? Is there a right or wrong way? Thanks!
Most pros throw from in line with their eye, but many don't. I personally can't throw like that.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Right cheers man
I tried lining my eye with the dart and i throw like crap. takes too much thought for me. given that I still throw like crap but I'm having fun all the same. Just throw the darn thing and focus
Yeh same that's why I was wondering! When I try throwing in line with my eye I keep hitting treble 18 then lie to myself and say I was going for it anyway!
Hey nerd! You should think about signing up for the great and free flight school! Give it a try
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've been playing with George's guidance for several months and for sure my shot has improved. Now I can hit the board anyhow. Actually, it's much better with nice groupings. My accuracy still isn't what I want though
My left eye is dominant but I throw right handed, there is no way I can line up with my left eye unless I tilt or turn my head to the right but I tend to throw from the middle of my face its as close as I can comfortably get to lining up. But I have had just as much success with throwing from the right side of my head so I am not sure I really need to aim the darts with my dominant eye.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think you should not worry too much of where you draw the dart to. Find what is comfortable and stay with that. I stopped changing my draw back, grip, throw. I feel for once that my game may finally start getting better. I stopped over thinking everything.
Yep I think you are right I over analyse all the time and when I throw I'm thinking about everything rather than just concentrating on the board!
(03-09-2014, 02:40 PM)22gDartsnerd Wrote: Yep I think you are right I over analyse all the time and when I throw I'm thinking about everything rather than just concentrating on the board!

Its a problem a lot fall into, myself included but its hard not to because the desire to improve means we end up looking at every part of the technique, but I think ultimately it messes' up your throw.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-09-2014, 11:09 AM)Getagrip Wrote: My left eye is dominant but I throw right handed, there is no way I can line up with my left eye unless I tilt or turn my head to the right but I tend to throw from the middle of my face its as close as I can comfortably get to lining up.

^^^^ Me too. I'm starting to figure out that I'm better off just looking at the target, not at the dart. but it does make sense to start off with the dart in the same place every time.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

yeah I think you do need to find a datum point and stick with it each throw, I think thats where the Darts Sight aid could be useful.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

When you watch some of the pros toss the dart they are super intense. Very focused on the mark. When I throw like that I definitely make closer groupings. My accuracy for the mark aimed for is still off but I'm getting better the more I focus. I mean the slightest distraction will throw me off so it just amazes me how the pros can be on game with all the crap going on with the spectators. If the dog comes in the room she'll mess my shot up. Sometimes I want to dart her in the head for making me miss. It's all about focus
true Sling you need to focus with each dart and throw with purpose.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hand Alignment Nucky 23 5,065 02-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Nucky