Unicorn

Whats in a name?
Newbie here, so apologize if posting in wrong section...Like all newbies, have more questions than answers and big time serious curiosity.

Soooo, here's my question.....
How did you each come up with your nicknames?

Remember, newbie...be gentle. LOL.
Looking forward to some fun answers when get back to my home base....could do with the cheery humor.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It was the name of our band when I was 14. I play guitar.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Drunken bit of fun that stuck, pictures made sure of that lol.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

Its a good question, I was on a few forums that were non darts related and then I joined a darts forum with the name 1eye, basically because I only use my left eye, right is not too good, but then the forum was closed and re-done. I was not going to bother re-joining but decided to give it another go with a new name. At the time I was just messing around with different grips as it was not long after I re-started from my injury and was trying to find a way that was comfortable and so I just came up with Getagrip, it fitted my situation at the time but also has a double meaning in I need to get a grip, if you see what I mean Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

One of my favorite darts Mycoy Sabers thus the name. Besides I like Pirates, Vikings, knights but not Clowns!!!! Clowns are scary man. I mean hes not a clown but Burger Kings guy is definitely scary!!!
I made this post already, people ignored it as usual, lol.

My name came from my then 2 year old nephews. They called passing gas pooping, at that time. One day I was particularly "poopy" and when I was leaving and saying good bye to everyone, they yelled out good bye "uncle poop". 12 years later half the family still calls me that and now it is one of my internet personae.
(02-28-2014, 07:20 PM)*Saber* Wrote: One of my favorite darts Mycoy Sabers thus the name. Besides I like Pirates, Vikings, knights but not Clowns!!!! Clowns are scary man. I mean hes not a clown but Burger Kings guy is definitely scary!!!

How about Zombie Clowns?
Will tell you guys about how I got my nickname when I get back to my home base....if that's OK....not trying to step on toes of all you big dogs.....just getting the range and bearing before I let fly.....giggle....
Long story short, a mate gave it to me cuz I remind him of this.

MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
I'm a Cajun from Louisiana and I cook a mean pot of gumbo, hence the screen name. But I actually got it years ago since I'm also a long time (43 years) motorcycle owner/rider and have been to many rallies in the U.S. and every rider has a road name, so Gumbo just stuck over the years.
(02-28-2014, 07:29 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: Long story short, a mate gave it to me cuz I remind him of this.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uoQFQed-4I]

That was great. I like Paul Hogan.
Simple for me - my initials and year of birth lol
(02-28-2014, 07:30 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I'm a Cajun from Louisiana and I cook a mean pot of gumbo, hence the screen name. But I actually got it years ago since I'm also a long time (43 years) motorcycle owner/rider and have been to many rallies in the U.S. and every rider has a road name, so Gumbo just stuck over the years.

I rode for years Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It came from the late 1990 Canadian band "Matthew Good Band". The band was fairly popular in Canada and my friends start calling me Goodband because my first name is Mathieu (French for Matthew).

It sticks since then.

Here's a clip of the band.

Board: Winmau Blade 5
Darts : One80 Bavaria SG 21g
Stems: Short Deflectagrip
Flights: Ribtex Standard
Give it up Cat it is only right if you start a question thread that you answer first, internet rules not ours.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats the lightest dart you ever hit maximum with Troll 108 18,812 04-13-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Whats the reasoning? CantstopDarting 9 488 04-10-2020, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Wondering as to whats up ? The New Sensation 10 639 01-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Whats the biggest variation between sets you own/throw? Kts365 4 425 10-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Troll
  What Darts Goodies Did I Get For My Birthday? - Lets See Whats In The Box! Getagrip 20 1,208 01-30-2019, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Whats wrong with this? Bill Kipper knows do you? Getagrip 11 2,327 04-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Whats this ? Carpy 2 515 01-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Carpy
  Whats your preferred fairy tale? The Nomad 29 3,408 12-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Cosmo
  Whats your worst purchase ? *Saber* 150 42,563 11-19-2017, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Smiling Assassin
  Paul Nicholson- Whats he doing *Saber* 9 3,307 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Last Post: mc1958