Unicorn

Best way too clean tungsten darts?
Best way too clean up natural tungsten darts?

BIG adrian lewis fan

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
soapy water is all I would use
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Warm, soapy water and a toothbrush for me - then rinse and dry.

I think you can use a more powerful cleaning agent if you want them shiny but for regular grease and dead skin etc, warm soapy water does the trick. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

BIG adrian lewis fan

I use a cheap ultrasonic cleaner on my Carreras, but warm soapy water with a soft toothbrush would also do. Just make sure you dry them properly, and when cleaning them leave in a set of cheap nylon stems otherwise the soapy water will get into the thread which can be a real pain to dry.
Also, a great tip - take some alcohol cleansing wipes to darts night with you, give them a spruce up between games.

Baby wipes, hand wipes from KFC, all great for getting rid of grease on the darts - but I would recommend rinsing off once you get home.
I have used Acetone to clean mine as it removes all the grease and sweat from the barrels. I then use some warm soapy water to finish them off with. But you can't use this if you have painted barrels as it removes the paint too. But that is good to remember if you do want to remove the paint from a set like many have with their Priestly's or Rasta's. So only on non painted barrels.

Just soak them for 15 mins then use a toothbrush to remove the paint Simples.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.[/php]
Swarfega, rub on and let sit for 10 mins rub of with a baby wipe as smooth as Van Gerwen's head.
Ooops, hahaha, be careful guys, I was cleaning mine tonight with a bit of what I thought was detol anti bacterial cleaner when the paint started coming off!!!

Turns out it was a mixture my Mrs has made for cleaning the damned oven hahhahaha Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So now I got a before and after look as I had to spend an hour taking it all off (you can see how sparkly clean they are):

Not sure wether I prefer em without paint, was gutted at first but as I plan of using these for a very long time yet I figured they are bound to become bashed up and chipped so its no big deal, they still fly the same and actually feel better on the grooves so no harm done, may or may not look as good but I am done caring, just want to throw them some more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Better looking Rebel in my humble opinion!
I agree - they look better without the paint
Quite a few years ago, I read on the John Lowe website that he used bleach to clean his darts. He recommended soaking them for a bit to spruce them up. I made the mistake of leaving mine in the bleach for just a tad too long (like a day and a half) and the barrels virtually disintegrated - it was incredible what they looked like (no photos though).

So this might be a good way to clean them as well but I would only soak them for a short time (maybe an hour maximum).
soap and water mate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEAN AND SHARP LIKE NEW AGAIN ChrisTheFish 47 3,730 05-18-2019, 03:47 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Best way too clean black tungsten Sharp180 3 1,403 05-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: portsetonloyal
  Clean/wash darts?? Mattb0612 9 1,409 05-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: portsetonloyal