Cuesoul

Darts modification question
Hi all, I have a set of 23g One80 Jim Long darts that are 57mm long. I want to cut it down to about 53mm. Is it possible by taking it to a machine shop and removing 4mm from the back of the dart? Would the thread still be good for stems? Any info appreciated on how to modify the length of a dart, thx.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The machine shop will need to be used to working with tungsten and have the proper tools. The darts will probably need to be rethreaded and, depending upon how far they are drilled out, possibly drilled out further.
I'd talk to someone who makes darts or can customize them
I have someone here in Canada who makes custom darts, I’ll see what he says thx
Custom Made Darts do modifications. I’ve not used them for this but they have been very professional in my dealings with them.
Thx
I cut 4mm off the back of a set of Target Asps (Gen 1) on my own lathe with no problem. Enough thread...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Modded Aspinall G1s, 23g/SlikStiks.  Still trying to teach an old dog new tricks.
There should be enough thread but I’d rather get someone to do it that has experience
Have you got any calipers to measure the thread depth at the back & I'll be able to advise you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Typically barrels are drilled 10mm and threaded 6mm but can get away with drilling 8mm and tapping 6mm in some cases.
I’ve repointed with longer black darts and setup with short stems and no. 6 flights and they are flying amazing. I’m not going to modify anymore, no need. They are flying great
Thanks for all the advice
Good. As we used to say, "If it ain't busted, don't fix it!"
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Modded Aspinall G1s, 23g/SlikStiks.  Still trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corona Light modification Mercer 2 184 01-23-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Rockin
  Dart Modification question tonywalsh00 2 736 03-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: tonywalsh00