Shot Darts.

Unicorn Sigma Question
What was the “original” release of the Sigma dart?

I’m saying “original” as I’m sure there was some picture or video of John Lowe using the same shape??? Or someone of the era 

The set I’m talking about was around something like the mid 00’s ?? (I might be way off)  Andy Hamilton also used it as his signature dart for a while

There seems to be all kinds of different shaped darts released under the Sigma label now so I’ve no idea which darts they weee

What’s the nearest barrel out now to those darts? Or originals called if they come up 2nd hand
the closest barrels to Sigma's are McCoy Stealth
The original release was in 2008. Listed in the 2008 Unicorn book of darts as new, seen below. Didn’t even show pictures of the darts, just a rendering. Original release of the Sigmas only came in the 970 Sigma Pro and Sigma One model. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Following year 2009, endorsed by Phil Taylor as his Phase 4 darts. Also released the 950 Sigma Pro and One range. Andy Hamilton’s first darts with Unicorn were based off the Harrows Argos Red Ring Bristows. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

In 2010 Hamilton’s signature dart is based off the Sigma 970, came from in Natural and Gold. Unicorn added the Gold Sigma’s to the range this year as well. 

2011 added the Sigma XL model to the range, basically a set with conversion points to be used for steel or soft tip. 

2012 Hamilton’s darts had more grip added towards the front & rear of the barrels. Sigma Pro 4 was added to the range, basically the Taylor Phase 4 but with conversion points like the XL model. 

2013 Sigma Pro Super Carbon 

2014 Sigma X Cross Tip and Pro LP Finish models 

2017 Sigma Ultracore

2020 Sigma HS

2023 Sigma 900

Edit: Found this thread with more info, as well as dimensions for each weight of the 950 and 970. 

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-3...#pid484727

Darts: Monster Cobra 22g
Backup Darts: Unicorn Klaasen Silver Star 21g
Shafts: L-style Slim In-betweens
Flights: L-style Standards

2020 180’s - 15
2021 180’s - 3
The Highest Checkout: 154
Best 501 Leg: 14 Darts
i'm not sure when exactly it was but I bought a set of the first run on pre-release order. Some time around 2007-2008? I can't remember. I believe they are Sigma Pro 970. They are 97% tungsten.

I bought them way back when they were serialized.  I don't know if they still are, and mine are #00103.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts this week:  22gm Target Cult SP03 with 35mm FirePoint points, Short Target Pro Grip EVO shafts and Standard No. 2 Robson flights
(03-18-2023, 03:49 AM)JayPro Wrote: i'm not sure when exactly it was but I bought a set of the first run on pre-release order.  Some time around 2007-2008? I can't remember.  I believe they are Sigma Pro 970.  They are 97% tungsten.

I bought them way back when they were serialized.  I don't know if they still are, and mine are #00103.

Very Nnice, are they gold or tungsten color?  I have 970 Pro that are Gold, but not serialized.
Levonster, Out
(03-18-2023, 03:49 AM)JayPro Wrote: i'm not sure when exactly it was but I bought a set of the first run on pre-release order.  Some time around 2007-2008? I can't remember.  I believe they are Sigma Pro 970.  They are 97% tungsten.

Did you join the ‘Unicorn Sigma Owners Club’ as well? I joined when I bought my first set, but I don’t think anything ever happened with it.
'Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Pity so many of these shorter and more bulbous beauties in the range between 42 and 46 mm are no longer available, e.g. Hamilton and others and instead we see an ever growing amount of Bristow variants. Nothing against them but the Sigmas are a very good thing and would love to have a bit more choice these days. Gildings are one of them but can't get familiar with them cause of the grip placement and the shark grip.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Current darts: Between 18 and 40 grams Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-19-2023, 10:24 AM)bk123456 Wrote: Pity so many of these shorter and more bulbous beauties in the range between 42 and 46 mm are no longer available, e.g. Hamilton and others and instead we see an ever growing amount of Bristow variants. Nothing against them but the Sigmas are a very good thing and would love to have a bit more choice these days. Gildings are one of them but can't get familiar with them cause of the grip placement and the shark grip.

The new Gildings from Cosmo are 24g and have ring grip.  Ring placement is the same though.  I do like these better than the RD version.
(03-19-2023, 02:47 PM)ALevonster Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 10:24 AM)bk123456 Wrote: Pity so many of these shorter and more bulbous beauties in the range between 42 and 46 mm are no longer available, e.g. Hamilton and others and instead we see an ever growing amount of Bristow variants. Nothing against them but the Sigmas are a very good thing and would love to have a bit more choice these days. Gildings are one of them but can't get familiar with them cause of the grip placement and the shark grip.

The new Gildings from Cosmo are 24g and have ring grip.  Ring placement is the same though.  I do like these better than the RD version.

You are right, I forgot the new Gilding. They seem to be close or even a match to the Gilding Gen 1 from RD. I owned a set back in those days and liked them very much. Only couldn't really make friends with the golden coating as I prefer a plain tungsten finish ;-)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Current darts: Between 18 and 40 grams Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-19-2023, 01:16 AM)Levonster Wrote: Very Nnice, are they gold or tungsten color?  I have 970 Pro that are Gold, but not serialized.

Tungsten.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts this week:  22gm Target Cult SP03 with 35mm FirePoint points, Short Target Pro Grip EVO shafts and Standard No. 2 Robson flights
(03-19-2023, 05:35 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Did you join the ‘Unicorn Sigma Owners Club’ as well? I joined when I bought my first set, but I don’t think anything ever happened with it.

Yes I did, and I too never heard a thing later.  I don't remember even getting an acknowledgement that I joined.

The Sigma Owners Club, I remember registering for that and….that was it haha 

I’m sure there was some idea they originally had but I never heard of anything else from it.
And thanks to everyone for their help in identifying the darts I was talking about !

I wish more companies published there old catalogues.

I imagine every year Unicorn produce there catalogue it’s simply a case of copy-paste when it comes to a signature James Wade dart haha

He’s got his dart and he’s sticking with it !!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Sigma 950 Seán4393 0 802 02-26-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Seán4393
  Sigma Pro barrel? livepulse 4 374 12-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: livepulse
  Sigma Pro vs Sigma One WhiskyPops 9 2,199 04-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Original Unicorn John Part, 23g question Humdinger 8 1,442 01-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Shed inn
  Unicorn Sigma Carbon GONKO 1 392 01-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Darts similar to sigma xl pro's?? John_B 11 2,450 09-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Omp