Dampening Sound - Pub Dartboard
Hello!  I am wondering what material would be best to use inside the enclosed cabinet to dampen the sound on an old Scorpion 9000 dartboard and if it is even possible as it's an old stand up board.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

IMO it's not practical to consider any kind of sound deadening like insulation.  You've got wires, dip switches, control panels, and God's knows what inside that thing.  Besides, it's a soft tip board mounted to a cabinet.  Going to be loud no matter what you do.

I understand they have wall mounts for security.  Because it's heavy as hell - lol.  So you might consider MDF or something at any mount points.  To reduce transmission through your walls.  That's all I can think of.  The rest, I'd say, nature of the beast. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good luck.
(01-25-2023, 12:35 AM)nixer55 Wrote: IMO it's not practical to consider any kind of sound deadening like insulation.  You've got wires, dip switches, control panels, and God's knows what inside that thing.  Besides, it's a soft tip board mounted to a cabinet.  Going to be loud no matter what you do.

I understand they have wall mounts for security.  Because it's heavy as hell - lol.  So you might consider MDF or something at any mount points.  To reduce transmission through your walls.  That's all I can think of.  The rest, I'd say, nature of the beast. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good luck.

See, there is a thin neoprene mat inside already in between the matrix and the segments.  I believe most of the noise is actually the echo that's created by all the open space between the front of the board and all the wiring/controls, so I am not necessarily looking to insulate at the mount points if that makes sense.
(01-24-2023, 10:55 PM)TN3315 Wrote: Hello!  I am wondering what material would be best to use inside the enclosed cabinet to dampen the sound on an old Scorpion 9000 dartboard and if it is even possible as it's an old stand up board.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are melamine foam. They are completely inert. It is a material that has been used for sound dampening in music studios. You can buy them in a variety of sizes and cut them into the shapes you want. I would just make sure you are not interfering with any heat dispersion from the electronics.
(01-25-2023, 03:20 AM)DartsDC Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 10:55 PM)TN3315 Wrote: Hello!  I am wondering what material would be best to use inside the enclosed cabinet to dampen the sound on an old Scorpion 9000 dartboard and if it is even possible as it's an old stand up board.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are melamine foam. They are completely inert. It is a material that has been used for sound dampening in music studios. You can buy them in a variety of sizes and cut them into the shapes you want. I would just make sure you are not interfering with any heat dispersion from the electronics.

I will do some research! Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound deadening my board Dek11677 1 121 02-06-2022, 01:33 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  I don't want to sound cheap but... Fred 62 14,122 03-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks