Cuesoul

Three of four fingers grip
Hello,

I started to throw 2-3 months ago, but I still cannot settle with one grip. Everyone are saying "just go with what feels comforbtale". Well I am doing it and I am using two grips and often switching between them. I know it is not good and I want to focus only on one grip.

My grips are attached.

One is three finger and second is four finger.
My hand looks strange but for the refernce its OK (I believe). 

I tried to compare what grip I am more consistent but there was really no winner.

What do you think is better to focus on? Three or four fingers? What could be in a long term more accurate?

Also I would like to ask if you could recommend me some darts for both grips.

Currently I am using Winmau Blackout.

Thank you all for all the answers!

PS.: Excuse my english. I am not native speaker. Also I posted in on reddit so sorry if you read it again :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-24-2022, 06:17 PM)MARCHAL Wrote: Hello,

I started to throw 2-3 months ago, but I still cannot settle with one grip. Everyone are saying "just go with what feels comforbtale". Well I am doing it and I am using two grips and often switching between them. I know it is not good and I want to focus only on one grip.

My grips are attached.

One is three finger and second is four finger.
My hand looks strange but for the refernce its OK (I believe). 

I tried to compare what grip I am more consistent but there was really no winner.

What do you think is better to focus on? Three or four fingers? What could be in a long term more accurate?

Also I would like to ask if you could recommend me some darts for both grips.

Currently I am using Winmau Blackout.

Thank you all for all the answers!

PS.: Excuse my english. I am not native speaker. Also I posted in on reddit so sorry if you read it again :-)
The thing is, your grip will most likely change over time as you progress and find your forever darts. I'd just pick one and go with it for now. Comfortable is consistent.
Taylor used two fingers, Bristow all 5. Both could play around an 100avg.
Here is a bit talk of different grips and players using them https://www.a-zdarts.com/blog/what-is-th...ip-a-dart/.
Just chose one and stick with it.
I have tried to use my thumb and two fingers but the dart just does not feel solid enough in my hand. When I use three fingers and my thumb it just feels more natural to me
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Short Nylon
Flights: No.2 Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-24-2022, 10:38 PM)Cupcake Knight Wrote: Taylor used two fingers, Bristow all 5. Both could play around an 100avg.
Here is a bit talk of different grips and players using them https://www.a-zdarts.com/blog/what-is-th...ip-a-dart/.
Just chose one and stick with it.

I've seen a lot of videos of Bristow playing and have never seen him use all five fingers.    His pinky on his throwing hand is always out from the dart sticking out in the air like it's on attention.
gumbo2176
(11-24-2022, 11:28 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I've seen a lot of videos of Bristow playing and have never seen him use all five fingers.    His pinky on his throwing hand is always out from the dart sticking out in the air like it's on attention.
I remember seeing this as well. Clemens does the same with the pinky. 
It looks very uncomfortable for me.
My grip has changed over the years. When I first began throwing darts I used the basic 3 finger grip with my thumb and forefinger on the barrel and my middle finger resting near the working end of the point.

Over the years I changed to a 4 finger grip with my thumb and forefinger gripping the dart, my middle finger on the point near the barrel and my ring finger under the point with it resting on top my fingernail.

But, for the past few months I've gone back to the 3 finger grip described above and back to my darts I bought in the late 80's and it's been an interesting journey. It took some time to adjust to the old grip after throwing with a 4 finger grip for around 15 years, but I'm finding more consistency now that I've gotten use to it again.
gumbo2176
As others have rightly said, just let your grip evolve over time, because it will. There is no perfect or ideal grip for you that you will stick with for the rest of your life, so just go with whatever you're comfortable with at the moment.
Thank you all!