Unicorn

Started playing again - after a long time
Hi All, 

So after 30+ years I'm back shooting darts.  No idea what made me do a YT search for 'darts' - and then it all came back.  Wow - had no idea there was so much darts info on YT - not to mention on the web. 

Amazing how much its changed since the late 1980's - kind of dating myself there, but hey...

Started out with a cheapo dartboard from Walmart and plastic darts.  Progressed - and not a very good player - to buying a Taverner dartboard (not sure if that's the make/model) but I just found it in my garage. Hung it up (picture attached - I hope at least...) in my basement and found my darts.  And started chucking em.  Felt good.

Good story to hanging the dartboard - my basement isn't finished so the ceiling studs are visible - decided to make a frame and hung the dartboard up.  Kind of proud of myself - its sturdy and looks pretty good. 

Back in the day I played 'Around the World (1-20, no DB) and enjoyed it...never realized that I should keep track of what numbers I'm missing or hitting consistently.  Now I do though!  Love stats and evaluating.

Ty for a great, busy, informational board. Hope to participate in the future. 

Good shooting to all!
stu
Welcome!
Welcome Stu. Enjoy the forum.
'Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Howdy!
Last set of darts bought 11/29/2022
I hope to try to use this set? 

Be Safe and Good Darts!
Welcome to the forum...enjoy!
Hi and welcome aboard
Hi Stu, welcome to the forum.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Hi Stu!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g    S: Medium    F: Kite    180s: 2/13
Welcome to the forum
Hello Stu
Hello Stu and welcome aboard , Did the same 2 years ago after 25 year lay-off and thought, I'll be back to my old self in a few weeks. Ha Ha. 
Still averaging under 45 after two league seasons ,enjoy.
Hi all,

TY for all the welcoming replies - appreciate em.
stu
Welcome to the forum Stu. Really can appreciate how you did your board. I once had a board placed in my basement like that. You're using your old board, how about your old darts? did you replace them?
Welcome along Stu,
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g (why change for something else that probably doesn't work lol)
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 short
FLIGHTS-Chris Dobey
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HOWAY THE LADS Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Poster - Long Time Lurker Alpha_Canis 15 85 02-20-2022, 12:44 AM
Last Post: JerseyJon
  Hello from a long time darter, new poster Gamecockdarts 11 117 12-25-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Long time lurker first time poster kriptik113 14 92 11-18-2021, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
Star Long time no see Jordan 7 148 03-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Just started playing again Corrosion 13 422 01-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Last Post: derryfilm
  Long Time Lurker First Time Poster hurtz hertel 15 420 01-04-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: hurtz hertel
  Long time stalker, first time poster Aaron H 11 285 11-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Cat
  First post... long time reader. davidbush05 13 525 12-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sinister Lefty
  Playing again after a looong time! Godfather4074 29 1,065 08-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Been a LONG time... TJ Jones 21 1,262 05-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Connon89