Cuesoul

Arm Pit injurie coming back
Hey all,

Few months ago i went to the doctor with heavy arm pit pain. 
Combo darts + lifting my kid so he falls asleep.

Doctor told me a had an infection and needed to take medication.
It went away, could darts again after a month. But now i start to feel it again. 

I was thinking what was causing it, and i think it comes that i over stretch my arm for my follow through.
yesterday i felt like a strip pain in my arm pit when i extended my arm. 

Was looking at tips at how i can stop doing it, heavier dart ? Not sure i can throw relax then. 
Searched on google, but found not a single problem with arm pit problem when playing darts. 

Last option was to get scans taken and see if i'm maybe sensitive for those kind of injuries.
Have you been to a physio at all? I had, and sometimes still get a pain in my armpit. It has been diagnosed as an injured subscapularis muscle which sits on the inside of your shoulder blade and can rub against your rib cage.

The only way to get in to this muscle to massage it is via the arm pit and due to its location it took me a while to pinpoint the pain. Sometimes felt like it was in my chest, sometimes in my arm pit.

I’d damaged the muscle doing weight training and it would flare up when sitting in a car for a long time with my hands on the steering wheel.

It might be worth checking out, just in case it’s a muscular issue and not an infection as first diagnosed.

I’m afraid I don’t have any tips in relation to darts as mine never flares up when throwing.
(09-22-2022, 06:14 PM)Westy182 Wrote: * qoute * 

Not yet, maybe i gonna ask my doctor to see for physio and have a talk with him.

Here is the pain pure arm pit, and i do allot of computer work and start to feel it also.
(09-22-2022, 06:21 PM)syncbe Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 06:14 PM)Westy182 Wrote: * qoute * 

Not yet, maybe i gonna ask my doctor to see for physio and have a talk with him.

Here is the pain pure arm pit, and i do allot of computer work and start to feel it also.

I work In IT too and I was originally told that it was my posture that was effecting it. I use my right hand to operate the mouse so I swapped over to left hand for nearly a year and it made no difference.

Definitely worth speaking to a physio. I saw an osteopath first and they were useless, the physio found the issue in about 5 minutes of poking and prodding around the area.
If it was an infection, do you think there may be some type of scar tissue you are dealing with. Usually with body infections there's going to be some damage to surrounding tissue where the infection settles in and manifests itself in a sac
gumbo2176
I had a shoulder injury while playing tennis. Overdoing it one weekend, I ended up with this sharp, nagging pain every time I served. I played too much one time and then started feeling this sharp pain every time I tried to serve the ball. At first, I thought maybe I just needed to change how I was playing or rest a bit, but it didn't help.

So, I decided to see a physio named Mohammad because my friend told me he was good. He figured out that I was hurting because of the way I was serving, kind of like how you're stretching when you throw darts. Mohammad showed me some exercises to make my shoulder muscles stronger and taught me how to serve without hurting myself. He was very good at treating sports injury.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  INJURY COMING BACK SINCE PRACTING TOO MUCH! jeremy213 4 134 09-21-2022, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Ex dart player coming back jeremy213 13 202 09-13-2022, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Pull Back/Take back advice RedHat180 3 649 06-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Pidge