Harrows Darts.

Online/digital club stats
Hi,

I am looking into options around possible solutions to move my local club away from paper/chalk board club nights and into the digital world.

Its a club with 40-50 members that runs weekly club nights with around 15- The main idea would be to run the games on tablets and have a player database to keep statistics.

I know nothing can beat a good old chalk board but sometimes, there is room for improvement Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 30 people each week. I am a Dart Connect user myself and have reached out to them but I am really keen to hear other people's experiences or suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Setting up a League in Dart Connect would be the way to go.

Fairly minimal cost and all stats are tracked, etc. What club do play for down here?
My league uses Dart Connect for match scoring, and YourLeagueStats for our other tracking (high outs, etc). While I’m a traditionalist and prefer hand scoring, I can for sure say that the matches proceed a lot faster using Dart Connect (we have a number of league players who aren’t the fastest with subtraction), and that’s nice. As far as I remember, it was something like an additional US$10-15 behind what league fees previously were when we started using Dart Connect, so quite reasonable.
(06-21-2022, 06:28 AM)italNZ Wrote: Setting up a League in Dart Connect would be the way to go.

Fairly minimal cost and all stats are tracked, etc. What club do play for down here?

I have been leaning towards DC for a while but just need to pull my finger out and get a proof of concept up to show the committee members

I play out of FSA in Feilding
(06-21-2022, 06:55 AM)pkittle Wrote: My league uses Dart Connect for match scoring, and YourLeagueStats for our other tracking (high outs, etc). While I’m a traditionalist and prefer hand scoring, I can for sure say that the matches proceed a lot faster using Dart Connect (we have a number of league players who aren’t the fastest with subtraction), and that’s nice. As far as I remember, it was something like an additional US$10-15 behind what league fees previously were when we started using Dart Connect, so quite reasonable.

Is there any reason in particular why you use two seperate apps? Cost? Useability? Function?
We use my-darts-tournament and are very happy with it. Our club is a similar size to yours. It's basically the my-darts-training interface on the tablets with a tournament management software working in the background and everything linked up and online (if you want that) for others to keep an eye on things too.
(06-21-2022, 09:59 AM)jdrobbie Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 06:55 AM)pkittle Wrote: My league uses Dart Connect for match scoring, and YourLeagueStats for our other tracking (high outs, etc). While I’m a traditionalist and prefer hand scoring, I can for sure say that the matches proceed a lot faster using Dart Connect (we have a number of league players who aren’t the fastest with subtraction), and that’s nice. As far as I remember, it was something like an additional US$10-15 behind what league fees previously were when we started using Dart Connect, so quite reasonable.

Is there any reason in particular why you use two seperate apps? Cost? Useability? Function?

We started using the yourleaguestats site several years prior to DartConnect's debut, and it has some features related to scheduling and just a general web presence that have been helpful. That said, I have really only used DartConnect as a scoring app, and it may have those other features as well. I’m no longer one of the league officers so am not in the loop about the decisions around this stuff, so that’s as much as I can tell you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stats question southpaw_8585 14 399 04-26-2020, 12:41 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  A game I came up with for the golf club dart board. PecosJoe 1 344 11-26-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Broken Storm Point Club Banned 75 22,515 05-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one