Cuesoul

Double Bullseye Like Concrete
(05-13-2022, 04:27 PM)DeezBullsEyes Wrote: Four of us throwing at the bar last night had three or four double bullseyes each not stick in the board.  The Winmau Blade 5 that we were playing on was not that old and all other parts of the board held the darts.  The double bull was not hard but instead very soft.  Does anyone have any experience fixing their double bull issues whether too hard or too soft?  Has anyone had any success prolonging the life of their boards?  It's a shame to have to buy a new board just because of the issues with the double bull.
Lots of Cricket play will kill the Bull.   Play more 01 games.

Once the Bull gets worn, there is nothing you can do to revitalize it.  Another thing is what kind of points are on your, and your friends darts.     If using those real grooved or knurled points, that will play hell with a board as they tend to tear out sisal when removing them.   If you are using those type points, my only advice is to spin the darts in the board as you are pulling them out as it makes them easier to remove and I find it does less damage.
gumbo2176
Nobody is using the knurled points. We do play a lot of Cricket as well as 301 and 501. If it is strictly from playing Cricket, then my question is, "If we played only 301 and 501, shouldn't all the red triple segments (from throwing loads of triple 20's) be dropping darts just like the double bull then?" That segment should be beat up and dropping darts then as well even with regular rotation.
(05-13-2022, 06:29 PM)DeezBullsEyes Wrote: Nobody is using the knurled points.  We do play a lot of Cricket as well as 301 and 501.  If it is strictly from playing Cricket, then my question is, "If we played only 301 and 501, shouldn't all the red triple segments (from throwing loads of triple 20's) be dropping darts just like the double bull then?"  That segment should be beat up and dropping darts then as well even with regular rotation.
Your treble segments would also wear out in time, but for them to wear out at the same frequency as the bull means you are not rotating your board to spread out the wear and tear.

There are 20 numbered segments on the board and any one of the 10 black segments can become the 20 wedge whereas you only have 1 bullseye.       

Why is this so hard to understand????
gumbo2176
(05-13-2022, 06:34 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Your treble segments would also wear out in time, but for them to wear out at the same frequency as the bull means you are not rotating your board to spread out the wear and tear.

There are 20 numbered segments on the board and any one of the 10 black segments can become the 20 wedge whereas you only have 1 bullseye.       

Why is this so hard to understand????

There is nothing hard to understand as I pointed this happening even with rotation of the board.  Even with rotation of the board the triple segment of the 10 numbers that could be positioned as the triple 20 would still get beat up more than the double bull in my opinion.  I'm glad that you are smacking double bulls as often as you are smacking triples as the segment is smaller.  And even when rotating the board often, for those that play a lot of Cricket, the other triple segments (19-15 especially) should also be dropping darts then if it was just from wear and tear from play.  You would be correct if the single bullseye was dropping darts left and right as it is hit more often than the double bull, but it is not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scorpion 9000 bullseye not working Eric Severa 4 1,197 01-17-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: LobbyGuy
Question Harley Davidson Electronic Bullseye Replacement (HELP PLEASE) John71 6 334 02-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  bullseye not holding in board SlingBlade 17 681 08-24-2020, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Bullseye Size codo180 6 383 09-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Mounting into concrete drunkandintreble 6 772 06-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Last Post: drunkandintreble
  Hanging Board on Concrete Billyscarfe 14 4,344 01-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Harry_