Shot Darts

Repointing Tools - Winmau Craftsman v Cuesol
On the look out for a new repointing tool as my Mission one can be fairly stiff on the hands when removing a stubborn point.

I have narrowed it down to the two.
On the off chance has anybody owned both repointing tools are can advise on pros/cons of both?

I do like the rounded edges on the Cuesol as will be easier on the hands but also the Craftsman looks well made with no stiffness removing the points.

Decisions, decisions!
I had not seen the Cuesoul but it looks pretty good. I sometimes have to wear a leather glove using the one I have now, but the name escapes me who it's made by.
(01-14-2022, 02:11 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I had not seen the Cuesoul but it looks pretty good. I sometimes have to wear a leather glove using the one I have now, but the name escapes me who it's made by.

Wearing a glove now that’s an idea!
I took a file to the mission one and rounded off all the edges, they should do this during manufacture as it makes it so much better to use.
A glove is what I use too. I have one of the older designa tools with the hex nut on top, so a good open end wrench instead of the thin original too
(01-14-2022, 02:26 PM)Yeah I agree, they are missing a trick there. Wrote: I took a file to the mission one and rounded off all the edges, they should do this during manufacture as it makes it so much better to use.
(01-14-2022, 11:59 PM)Buns Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 02:26 PM)Yeah I agree, they are missing a trick there. Wrote: I took a file to the mission one and rounded off all the edges, they should do this during manufacture as it makes it so much better to use.

Recommend you turn on View Source when quoting posts.  Makes it a lot easier to find your way around.

Fixed several already, but they're limits to everything. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've got the Mission one and a glove for my left hand is a must. At least if you don't want to mess up with all that oil etc. I've got a pair of gloves in the bag with the repointer, spare points and other stuff. The only thing that I don't like about the repointer is that the screwing bar end is quite loose without the o ring and the holster could be solved a bit better so that the silver bar didn't stick out of it.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can use a glove, towel, face cloth etc to protect your hand, you can also put it on a solid surface hold it down with something cloth leaving the handle hanging over, another option is a bench vice with rubber protectors on it, just remember if you wrap it to hold on give it some grease after as the will be soaked/wiped up by whatever you use
(01-14-2022, 02:11 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I had not seen the Cuesoul but it looks pretty good. I sometimes have to wear a leather glove using the one I have now, but the name escapes me who it's made by.

Review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVUacROheg
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Darren. I had seen this review but my mind forgot about it. Looks like a great replacement for my Designa tool that has a stripped part that holds the barrel.
(01-16-2022, 04:08 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Thanks Darren. I had seen this review but my mind forgot about it. Looks like a great replacement for my Designa tool that has a stripped part that holds the barrel.

my mind forgets lots of stuff lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks all - anybody used the craftsman by any chance?
(01-16-2022, 07:53 PM)Buns Wrote: Thanks all - anybody used the craftsman by any chance?
I do have the craftsman, side by side with the regular designa it is a better built machine. Your always going to get points that need more torque to remove but this one I find is easy on the hands, and everything just seems to sit better when repointing. The designa has more shake if that makes any sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best repointing tools? (repoint without any damage?) TheCrane180 11 2,064 11-26-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  Repointing Tools Fizban 11 1,789 03-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: PoppySquared