Cuesoul

Red Dragon Jonny Clayton GOLD Darts Review
(01-14-2022, 05:24 PM)Getagrip Wrote: LOL I dont wear jewellery but I do like a gold dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You need to show up with some gold grills in your next review lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review! I'm a sucker for gold darts. These darts are on my bucket list.
(01-14-2022, 07:05 PM)5150 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 05:24 PM)Getagrip Wrote: LOL I dont wear jewellery but I do like a gold dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You need to show up with some gold grills in your next review lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

[Image: https://wundergroundmusic.com/wp-content...-photo.jpg]

LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-15-2022, 12:08 AM)sincaid Wrote: Great review! I'm a sucker for gold darts. These darts are on my bucket list.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review Darren!!!

What is it about gold darts anyway? I want a set even though I know it's not the barrel for me lol
(01-15-2022, 04:57 PM)Nucky Wrote: Great review Darren!!!

What is it about gold darts anyway? I want a set even though I know it's not the barrel for me lol

Thanks Rob! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL I think its an inbuilt thing from our past Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Gold darts just always felt that little bit extra special to me. As far as I can remember, black barrels and the glut of other multi-colour barrels you see nowadays seemed to happen after Unicorn came out with black Phase 5's for Phil Taylor (so around 2009, not that I'm saying you couldn't get different coloured barrels before then, but they weren't anywhere near as commonplace). So that being the case, gold was the defacto coated dart for a very long time in a period where plain tungsten barrels were the norm and so they just felt that bit more unique and special.

Then to add on top of all that, there was a load of little things that added up to make you feel mentally as though gold darts were the "premium" choice in comparison with tungsten. For example, they always cost more, classy players like John Lowe used them, they felt slightly different in the hand, "gold is better than silver", etc. I think that you had to be there really to appreciate it as I can understand younger folk thinking they're a bit blingy in 2022. I don't care about that though, I think gold darts are the best and if I ever had a signature dart I'd insist on a gold version for sure.
(01-16-2022, 04:22 PM)5150 Wrote: Gold darts just always felt that little bit extra special to me. As far as I can remember, black barrels and the glut of other multi-colour barrels you see nowadays seemed to happen after Unicorn came out with black Phase 5's for Phil Taylor (so around 2009, not that I'm saying you couldn't get different coloured barrels before then, but they weren't anywhere near as commonplace). So that being the case, gold was the defacto coated dart for a very long time in a period where plain tungsten barrels were the norm and so they just felt that bit more unique and special.

Then to add on top of all that, there was a load of little things that added up to make you feel mentally as though gold darts were the "premium" choice in comparison with tungsten. For example, they always cost more, classy players like John Lowe used them, they felt slightly different in the hand, "gold is better than silver", etc. I think that you had to be there really to appreciate it as I can understand younger folk thinking they're a bit blingy in 2022. I don't care about that though, I think gold darts are the best and if I ever had a signature dart I'd insist on a gold version for sure.

I just blame it on the John Lowe Gold ti originals!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Gerwyn Price Contour Darts Review Getagrip 10 207 01-07-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Red Dragon Jonny Clayton Special Edition Premier League Darts Review Getagrip 9 253 12-02-2021, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau 2022 Simon Whitlock Black Gold Edition Darts Review Getagrip 10 255 10-31-2021, 10:25 AM
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 30 3,790 09-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  Red Dragon Peter Wright Euro 11 Element Gold PC20 Darts Review Getagrip 6 388 08-21-2021, 04:25 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 533 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 856 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 16,123 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 1,050 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Reddragon Jonny Clayton Lunar SE 22g Steeltip darts Don Q 15 842 12-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: boof29