Cuesoul

Online darting in 2021: best option
Hi guys 

I'm looking to finally start playing again. I literally have zero equipment left from steeltip

Unfortunately, the recent covid-19 situation has completely killed local darts in my area. What pubs have re-opened have no leagues running at the moment, and look to have zero interest in it at the moment.

The only option really is online play. 

Was thinking the Target Nexus as that looks a good bit of kit, or granboard as thats an all in deal as opposed to setting up Webcmasnofr. Steel tip etc

Ideally I'd like to get into league play again, does any of these have good leagues? 

Any recommendations guys

Luke
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

If you're on Facebook there are lots of groups for online darts. Many run leagues and tournaments.

There are groups for Nexus and Gran players.

I would steer clear of the Nexus, I've heard a lot of complaints about the batteries and tablets and general lack of support. Check out the chat in the Facebook group.

I've got a Gran and I'm very happy with it.
Cheers

I'm not on social media so may have to appraise that

Any Nexus users here?

Please follow my blog:

Last I saw in the Nexus group, the admin had stood down and lots of people were talking about buying some sort of conversion kit to make the Nexus run as a Gran.

I have no idea what that involves.

Soft Tip Central UK (STCUK) started running a league on Nexus and I've seen them complaining that a lot of players dropped out as their boards packed up. A lot of players moved to Gran.

The general opinion is that the online community for Nexus is slowly dying as more players are leaving than joining.
Cheers guys

That's explain the cheap ones coming up on ebay.

Dash at £99 seems a good entry level?

Alternatively buy a b6, and stick up a webcam I spose

Please follow my blog:

Hi NE, was in same situation as you post pandemic lockdowns killed darts locally and future uncertain I love good ole steeltip game in the pub though . I looked into all online options and settled for the Gran 3s also they now do a steeltip dimension 132 version and dash 3 and 3s - 132 all cross compatible. Nexus is a nice all in one board with camera and tablet and quality is great but the app of gran creating custom profile and stats and editable screens is fantastic 4/5 can be registered to your board or a friend who has free gran player app can log in seamlessly. Community worldwide seems large and works off the phone app great, with options to stream to bigger screen or tablet. I do hope Nexus and other boards one day could all be cross compatible but one can dream. You may come across some old posts of mine asking same question but very pleased with my Purchase was 3s Blue Darts Corner £249 at the time.
Darts : Andy Fordham 16g Onyx Soft Tip Barrels
Steel Tips: Winmau Steel /Carbon Conversion Points
Softip: Target Pixel Tips
Stems: Harrows Supergrip 
Flights: Pear Shaped
Board: Winmau Blade 4 / Gran Board 3s
Thanks stealth

Please follow my blog: