Unicorn

Target Aspar Dartboard Review Update 1 After 20 Hours Use
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Not much to complain about for either one of those boards IMO.  Lot depends on throw and point maintenance as to firmness.  And just plain preference - lol.

We'll keep an eye on your findings. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Many thanks , both boards look about the same but the spider on the Aspar looks curved (?). Still prefer the minimalist look of the Aspar and will buy one when they become available in OZ.
Just taking a short break from work at the moment so will have a watch later. Curious about this though as a possible replacement for the B6TCC when the time comes (although well pleased with the B6TCC at the moment, so can't see me needing a change for a good while yet)
I guess I'm old school and prefer the outer ring showing better. It does look ok though and the sisal to me look like most other boards. I have a light throw and actually had to change my points out to grip the Bandit board I use in the garage. I'll stick to the Winmau B5DC for a few more months, but the G3+ is a strong contender at that time.
(11-24-2021, 09:48 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Not much to complain about for either one of those boards IMO.  Lot depends on throw and point maintenance as to firmness.  And just plain preference - lol.

We'll keep an eye on your findings. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah I think you are right Glen, if more or less care is taken with maintenance the boards can look better or worse depending on that.

I would say I am fairly lazy in that regard on the whole but I did not rotate it deliberately for the first 20+ hours as I dont get enough time on them to test it the same way others might. But I dont tend to look after my points that much, and I dont have a specific method of pulling them out, sometimes I will pull the darts straight out and others I may twist and pull, still not sure I have notice much difference either way. Could depend on the condition of the points what way causes most problems though.

Think some people certainly take more care than me overall though so for people that do it may actually look better at this point in usage Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-25-2021, 04:23 AM)mal gh Wrote: Many thanks , both boards look about the same but the spider on the Aspar looks curved (?). Still prefer the minimalist look of the Aspar and will buy one when they become available in OZ.

Yeah the Aspar has a bent wire, its not such an issue for me as I have bad astigmatism anyway, although my specs help to some degree things like door frames still look curved so I have no idea if the bent wire looks even worse for people who dont have the same problem Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Apart from that though its doing a lot better than I was expecting.

(11-25-2021, 09:48 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Just taking a short break from work at the moment so will have a watch later.  Curious about this though as a possible replacement for the B6TCC when the time comes (although well pleased with the B6TCC at the moment, so can't see me needing a change for a good while yet)

I think if the B6TCC stills wearing well over a long period then its very possible it may have taken over the G3+ as the best board for me, however I am noticing its getting quite soft and sometimes my darts are going in further than I like, G3+ feels about the right level of firmness for me after all the time I have used it. Aspar feels a little similar but also a little mixed in parts.

(11-25-2021, 05:23 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I guess I'm old school and prefer the outer ring showing better. It does look ok though and the sisal to me look like most other boards. I  have a light throw and actually had to change my points out to grip the Bandit board I use in the garage. I'll stick to the Winmau B5DC for a few more months, but the G3+ is a strong contender at that time.

I think many feel the same about the look, its understandable as we get used to one way, its no big deal to me as I soon started to like it but either way its not something that I would be too concerned about once I get into the zone of throwing at the scoring areas Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looks ok to me, Problem is everyone is gonna have different results, i believe there's alot of factors how long a board last, "knock on wood" i've been lucky to use 2 board in the last 5 years, my G3 is over 2 now & still is fine " but i do want a new board", only thing i find with your board is the Black looks cheaply applied or too thin, looks like someone just used a paint brush, the streaks go every which way
Cheers for taking the time to show us the wear. Looks to be holding out ok.
Not a lover of plastic number rings though. I reckon you won’t beat the metal wire ones. A bit less plastic going in the bin when it’s worn out too. Hope they don’t catch on.
I got A G2 just a little over 2 years old and it’s still great.
Just ordered a Unicorn eclipse1 from DC as it’s in a BF sale. (Never used a Unicorn board). I don’t like to pay much for a board.
(11-25-2021, 06:02 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Looks ok to me, Problem is everyone is gonna have different results, i believe there's alot of factors how long a board last, "knock on wood" i've been lucky to use 2 board in the last 5 years, my G3 is over 2 now & still is fine " but i do want a new board", only thing i find with your board is the Black looks cheaply applied or too thin, looks like someone just used a paint brush, the streaks go every which way

yeah we are all going to have different results just as we are all likely to have boards that are not equally the same, but I can only show my own results and its what will in the end make me have my own opinion on what I like for long term use.

I think it is still useful to see regardless of that though but also there is things I think can affect it that we have no control of either way, such as temperature, humidity etc So far the board has been in two different areas of my home where conditions are slightly different.

I have done the same with the G3+ and long term that has lasted better than my last two Blade Cores did so my next big compare will be to see if the B6TCC can last better than the G3+. At present though I am finding the B6TCC is starting to feel a little too soft in parts whereas the G3+ and even the Aspar have mostly kept the sort of firmness I prefer. Again others will still prefer softer over firmer so guess there is never going to be one board that excels in every way to suit every one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think the inking on parts of the Aspar could have been better and more penetrative though so get what you are saying Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-26-2021, 12:51 AM)Spangle Wrote: Cheers for taking the time to show us the wear. Looks to be holding out ok.
Not a lover of plastic number rings though. I reckon you won’t beat the metal wire ones. A bit less plastic going in the bin when it’s worn out too. Hope they don’t catch on.
I got A G2 just a little over 2 years old and it’s still great.
Just ordered a Unicorn eclipse1 from DC as it’s in a BF sale. (Never used a Unicorn board). I don’t like to pay much for a board.

Thanks! Yeah metal is always going to be the better option overall but if its plastic that can be recycled thats not so bad but I do think the darts world must be wasting a lot of plastic especially with all the broken stems and flights we chuck out!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-26-2021, 03:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 06:02 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Looks ok to me, Problem is everyone is gonna have different results, i believe there's alot of factors how long a board last, "knock on wood" i've been lucky to use 2 board in the last 5 years, my G3 is over 2 now & still is fine " but i do want a new board", only thing i find with your board is the Black looks cheaply applied or too thin, looks like someone just used a paint brush, the streaks go every which way

yeah we are all going to have different results just as we are all likely to have boards that are not equally the same, but I can only show my own results and its what will in the end make me have my own opinion on what I like for long term use.

I think it is still useful to see regardless of that though but also there is things I think can affect it that we have no control of either way, such as temperature, humidity etc  So far the board has been in two different areas of my home where conditions are slightly different. 

I have done the same with the G3+ and long term that has lasted better than my last two Blade Cores did so my next big compare will be to see if the B6TCC can last better than the G3+.  At present though I am finding the B6TCC is starting to feel a little too soft in parts whereas the G3+ and even the Aspar have mostly kept the sort of firmness I prefer.  Again others will still prefer softer over firmer so guess there is never going to be one board that excels in every way to suit every one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think the inking on parts of the Aspar could have been better and more penetrative though so get what you are saying Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Totally agree it's good to see your reviews & how they hold up, my comment was more people have to use it as a gauge & kinda try for themselves if there interested & results may vary as you say

i find my G3 the hotter it is the firmer it is, this time of year when it's colder i find it a bit softer, my room is above the garage so can be harder to control the temp lol
Think it a good idea to do updates on wear, thanks Darren.
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b with kite flights + 41 mm nylon stems (flying well, debating on sticking with these).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 18 to 26 grams.
(11-26-2021, 03:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 03:22 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

I think it is still useful to see regardless of that though but also there is things I think can affect it that we have no control of either way, such as temperature, humidity etc  So far the board has been in two different areas of my home where conditions are slightly different. 

I have done the same with the G3+ and long term that has lasted better than my last two Blade Cores did so my next big compare will be to see if the B6TCC can last better than the G3+.  At present though I am finding the B6TCC is starting to feel a little too soft in parts whereas the G3+ and even the Aspar have mostly kept the sort of firmness I prefer.  Again others will still prefer softer over firmer so guess there is never going to be one board that excels in every way to suit every one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Totally agree it's good to see your reviews & how they hold up, my comment was more people have to use it as a gauge & kinda try for themselves if there interested & results may vary as you say

i find my G3 the hotter it is the firmer it is, this time of year when it's colder i find it a bit softer, my room is above the garage so can be harder to control the temp lol

I think the conditions probably have more of an affect than we realise. Someone on my comments said the Aspar is too soft? Mine certainly is not that soft, no where near as soft as what the B6TCC is? So not sure if any review or update is ever going to be a good guide if the boards vary so much Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-26-2021, 10:26 PM)Phil D Wrote: Think it a good idea to do updates on wear, thanks Darren.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A HONEST Winmau Blade 6 Triple Core Carbon Dartboard Review Getagrip 34 1,317 11-18-2021, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Eclipse Ultra Dartboard Review Getagrip 17 440 10-23-2021, 03:07 PM
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 71 36,505 10-04-2021, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Edward Lowy
  Target Aspar Dartboard Review Getagrip 16 499 10-02-2021, 06:45 PM
  One80 Gladiator 3+ Dartboard Product Update Review Getagrip 13 820 06-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 118 123,128 06-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Mission Darts Samurai 2 Dartboard Review Getagrip 30 1,585 03-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Phil D
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 136 55,547 04-28-2020, 11:47 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 78 40,933 04-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 134 71,803 01-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Palmi