Cuesoul

OK, what's your T-Day plans
Due to the Covid crap last year having people paranoid,  the wife and I didn't do our normal T-Day party that saw us having 2 dozen or more folks hitting the house to eat, drink and tell lies.

I decided to do it again this year, but cut down on the guest list from previous years since it really was getting out of hand a bit.  So, this year's list includes between 12-15 people.

I've already started preparing some of the things for the meal and it includes:

Chicken and Sausage gumbo with rice
Eggplant/Shrimp/Cheese Casserole
Cornbread Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Baked Mac & Cheese
Mashed Potatoes

Cheese tray
Vegetable tray with dips
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie
Two loaves of herb bread, one Rosemary and the other Sweet Basil

Beer
Wine
Spirits with set-ups
Sodas
Tea
Lemonade
Bottled Water

And if needed, Pepto Bismal, Tums, sofa space to fall asleep for a quick nap before getting back into the kitchen for more food.

Hope everyone who celebrates T-Day this year has a great time.    Oh, and the Saints play on Thursday, so we have a game to watch to end the night.
gumbo2176
They call it "this Thursday" in my part of the world Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have a great day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g   S: Medium   F: Standard   180s: 2/13
We were going over to my nieces house for dinner, but she has now tested positive for Covid.
So the wife and I will just be having a quiet dinner at home.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(11-23-2021, 05:49 PM)jt4527 Wrote: They call it "this Thursday" in my part of the world Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have a great day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sorry for your loss---------------------- Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanksgiving Day is the day I usually have my biggest party of the year.      Until my wife's dad died 11 years ago, we'd head to his house up in the country and have a big meal on Thanksgiving Day and I'd fix a HUGE pot of gumbo and a big bowl of potato salad to have on Friday, along with any leftovers.

Then on Saturday we'd get a whole hog and have a Cochon d' Lait and cook that thing in front of his outdoor fireplace for about 7 hours as it slowly turned on a rotisserie until done and have that with dirty rice, sweet potatoes and homemade bread.

We'd have 30+ people show up from locals to out of state folks.     I got to calling it "My 5 lb. week in the country".
gumbo2176
Gumbo!!!!! I want to drive south and get lost in your neighborhood turkey day.
Sounds wonderful enjoy your day with friends.
(11-24-2021, 03:12 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Gumbo!!!!!  I want to drive south and get lost in your neighborhood turkey day.
Sounds wonderful enjoy your day with friends.
Well, I've always got way more food than guest can eat and that is by design.

Nobody leaves my house hungry unless they just don't eat what's offered.

There's always room for more guests, do feel free to drop by if in the neighborhood. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
gumbo2176
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"A Pot Noodle and a wank."

Just like every other Thursday.
(11-24-2021, 10:50 PM)imposs1916 Wrote: "A Pot Noodle and a wank."

I don't know what that is, but my runaway imagination tells me it could be interesting.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(11-25-2021, 01:18 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote:

I don't know what that is, but my runaway imagination tells me it could be interesting.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah, that was WAY more information than I needed.
gumbo2176

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It's a famous line from the British sitcom, The Office:

Classic
(11-25-2021, 01:21 PM)imposs1916 Wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It's a famous line from the British sitcom, The Office:

Classic

That was a young Ricky Gervais in that clip.      British TV gets away with way more off the wall stuff than American TV when it comes to off-color and sexual material.
gumbo2176
(11-25-2021, 02:01 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: That was a young Ricky Gervais in that clip.      British TV gets away with way more off the wall stuff than American TV when it comes to off-color and sexual material.
The Office was made a long time ago. It probably wouldn't fly today. Nowadays you can't say anything without someone somewhere being offended about nothing, unless it's Sheldon Cooper in the Big Bang Theory

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4th of July plans gumbo2176 10 641 07-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard