Shot Darts

Does weight of dart affect low/high darts
Personally, I can't throw lightweight darts-------under 18 grams to save my life. I find throwing them akin to throwing one of those plastic Whiffle Balls we use to play with as a kid.

To get them to do what I'd like them to do requires me to throw a good bit harder than when I throw my normal 26 gram darts.
gumbo2176
The weight of a dart is minimal compared to the strength of the arm. It is all about timing and release, and getting used to a particular dart and its weight. Totally individual.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Self modified 90% cheapies, 23.5g.                                       Still trying to teach an old dog new tricks.
Just bought a set of 14 gram superlights to help me release better. For the first few throws i struggle to get above the bull but after a while i can reach double top. When i switch to my " normal " 24 gram darts i tend to throw off the board at the top . This for me means that light darts are naturally a lower trajectory arc. Its the old anology ; a ball made of paper will fly much less far than, say, a cricket ball. Have fun finding out.
Agree with you there... I made myself a 5.5g super light to try out and found it totally useless. The drag was so proportionally high that it was hard to even hit the board, and I can see how throwing something like that would totally screw up my throw. I don't have problems with follow through, so I see zero benefit for me, if that is supposed to be the main reason for throwing them. All it gave me was a sore elbow!
My thinking was more in the "normal" weight range of say, 18 to 23g. I can pick up anything within that range and after a few minutes instinctively adjust my throw. I am sure though that people who play at a much higher level than I might me more sensitive to slight changes in weight and setup. I also prefer a dart and weight that FEELS best, and that is SO important.
The OP mentioned darts landing low, especially during matches. That to me sounds like nerves interfering with the release. That can happen with any dart of any weight.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Self modified 90% cheapies, 23.5g.                                       Still trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What causes the high right miss? cubdog 12 1,085 03-14-2022, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Is it a problem to play darts in 1g weight differences? k1ckdapro 3 157 12-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Dart Weight Mercer 4 406 01-15-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: wzywg
  Random very high darts Ed180 9 663 06-27-2020, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Pidge
  Weight of dart help Haywood90 2 470 12-15-2018, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  Changing the darts (position of weight) Greystone 2 452 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Greystone
  Darts weight advice Reaper 7 1,431 10-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  Throw straight but darts land low or high Bob dart 3 693 08-06-2018, 10:13 AM