Cuesoul

Dumb question about Dart Counter
I'm sure this is an easy answer, but when I'm playing 501 on there (so far I've just played a bot, not another person) When the scoring gets lower it will ask after I've entered my score how many darts were used on a double. Does this mean how many did I aim at a double? I enter my score for each dart so it should know if I hit a double or not. Help would be appreciated.
If your on a double they ask how many darts it took to hit it, it's for adding your average, so if you hit the double first dart you put 1 & so on
(09-21-2021, 05:49 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: If your on a double they ask how many darts it took to hit it, it's for adding your average, so if you hit the double first dart you put 1 & so on
So If I'm trying to hit a double with all of my darts and miss all of them I'd still say I used 3 darts?
(09-21-2021, 05:56 PM)bowsandreels Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 05:49 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: If your on a double they ask how many darts it took to hit it, it's for adding your average, so if you hit the double first dart you put 1 & so on
So If I'm trying to hit a double with all of my darts and miss all of them I'd still say I used 3 darts?
That is correct

Nope..

You cannot enter the number of darts used if you had missed with all 3 darts as you would not have won for the App to let you enter the number..

If you miss all 3... You'd enter zero (0) so the Averages can be still worked out.

Darts - Custom Made - 24mm Barrel/Swiss Points  --  Dart Weight - 17.2g throwing
Stems - Shanghai Satin Nylon 34mm  --  Flights - Designa Mini
Board - One80 Gladiator II  --  Light - Homemade LED Dimmer Ring
180's - Lost count  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   --  Highest Shot out - 170
Best sequence thrown - 9 Perfect Darts in practice

(09-21-2021, 06:02 PM)ZoenHofland Wrote:

Nope..

You cannot enter the number of darts used if you had missed with all 3 darts as you would not have won for the App to let you enter the number..

If you miss all 3... You'd enter zero (0) so the Averages can be still worked out.

Some apps ask for the number of darts thrown at a double (whether hit or missed) to calculate your doubles percentage.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g   S: Medium   F: Standard   180s: 2/13
I don't know this app. Generally it's like this - it counts how many darts you aimed at the double when it was a double to finish!

Example:
You ve'got 80 left and three darts in your hand. You decide to go D20, D20. You miss the D20 with your first dart, hitting zero score. Second dart hits the big 20, so your score is 60 now, third dart you still want to hit the D20, just because you want. You miss again, hit single 20 and your score is 40. The attempts at doubles = 0.

Now you have 40 and three darts in your hand. First dart aiming at D20, hitting single 5. Left with 35 you go for single 3 and you hit it, so you've got D16 left. Then with the first dart you hit single 8 and your score is 24 now. The attempts at doubles = 2.

Now you have 24 left and you don't like it. With the first dart you aim at single 8 to prepare D8. With the second dart you hit single 8 instead of D8. With the third dart you hit D4. Thrown darts = 3, attempts at doubles = 2.

Hope it makes a sense.