Unicorn

What does it mean if you get on better with bomb shaped darts?
I've never gotten on with the long skinny barrels like Martin 'wolfie' Adams or Gary Anderson uses for example. 

If you are more accurate and consistent with bomb shape darts (Lowe, Fordham, Taylor, Tony David) does it mean you have a certain throwing style, possibly more arched?
Winmau Andy Fordham onyx 25g
Mission carbon stems medium 
Dimplex union jack flights w/protectors
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think its hard to give anyone a set label when it comes to what darts suit people, as if you look at some players like Steve Beaton, he uses a front heavy dart and holds the stem, but generally I find as a front gripper a front heavy style often works well for me but then I can get the odd straight barrel dart that seems to work well too, so who knows lol! ?

The Lowe style was my favoured style years ago when my throw was more loopy though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-16-2021, 07:12 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think its hard to give anyone a set label when it comes to what darts suit people, as if you look at some players like Steve Beaton, he uses a front heavy dart and holds the stem, but generally I find as a front gripper a front heavy style often works well for me but then I can get the odd straight barrel dart that seems to work well too, so who knows lol! ?

The Lowe style was my favoured style years ago when my throw was more loopy though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"Old stoneface" did seem to chickadee his wrist back before throwing and releasing the dart.  Is that what's meant by a more 'loopy' throw?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg5Y2CURFl8
Dont think it means much tbh just you prefer that kind of dart.

John Lowe has one of the best text book style throws I`ve seen.

Nice link btw ;-)
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b with kite flights + 41 mm nylon stems (flying well, debating on sticking with these).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 18 to 26 grams.
(09-16-2021, 06:48 PM)Black Cat 180 Wrote: I've never gotten on with the long skinny barrels like Martin 'wolfie' Adams or Gary Anderson uses for example. 

If you are more accurate and consistent with bomb shape darts (Lowe, Fordham, Taylor, Tony David) does it mean you have a certain throwing style, possibly more arched?
First off, awesome name/logo

Second of all, you're doomed.  Seek counseling, you freak.  Sooner the better.

D
I think given enough time, anyone can learn to throw any shape of dart reasonably well.
That being said, you will still find a shape that you like the best, whether it is looks, feel, or throw ability for your particular way of throwing. I really don't think it means anything more than just personal preference.

After all, it would be a pretty boring world, if we all liked the same things. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
I agree with Getagrip. You get players that throw all shapes of darts all different ways.

Some people reckon bombs/bullets are for learners because high scoring is hindered due to their extra girth and you should move on (progress) to a slim straight lighter dart as soon as you’ve got the hang of it.

I think that’s complete and utter nonsense, also I think it’s damaging advice because if if you feel comfortable throwing bombs/bullets you probably play better with them and by using a dart your not comfortable with could hold back your true potential.

In your case, I think it just means you should use bomb shaped darts.
Bombs away.

I'd throw them if I could be like Mr. Lowe
I think it just depends. On you…… we have all tried different darts and I am sure like the majority we ll try different weights,stems,flights etc…….. it just comes down to the individual……. Look t Taylor he started with long thin sets nd ended with bomb style!!….. didn’t do him any harm!!
It comes down to personal choice nd basically what feels comfortable for you……. and remember throws evolve and change over the years,,,,,,,, it’s what best and comfortable for you and what you enjoy!!!